Lurker; Finally Joined | Squat the Planet

Lurker; Finally Joined

Haystack

Reaction score
What up all, long time lurker and I decided to finally join. I found out about this site from a buddy of mine who was crashing with me for a bit. I guess that's not really relevant but yeah.

I find myself in the rubber tramp section most of the time, and I'm hoping to build up a van for myself eventually. I've been casually looking for a van for a few months now, but I'm waiting for one to find me that has a good feeling to it you know? I'm not trying to jump into anything. Just wanted to say hi and thank you all for this great community and resource.

Reactions: wizehop

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
LURKER ALERT! hehe - Hey welcome to STP! Hope you find your DIY and make it your own! :)

Reactions: Haystack

Johny

Reaction score
Welcome, I'm doing the same thing myself.
Trying to get set up for under2k .since that's all we have.
I'm thinking an old short box cargo I found for $750 some futon mattress and a Coleman to start out.

Haystack

Reaction score
Welcome, I'm doing the same thing myself.
Trying to get set up for under2k .since that's all we have.
I'm thinking an old short box cargo I found for $750 some futon mattress and a Coleman to start out.

That's my plan as well. Try and find the right van and start with the bare essentials then go from there. I happened to find a van today on a corner for sale for $300. Overall it was in ok shape, but the tranny was shot. Good luck in your search Johny and keep us updated.

Reactions: Johny

Haystack

Reaction score
Welcome to StP. I'm also still on my way to rubber tramping status.

I've been lurking vehicle auctions for the past two months now... I see some nice things go up for sell pretty often.

Thanks man! Yeah I've been looking at local auctions as well, I just haven't found the right van yet. I don't want to rush it at all.

MarsOrScars

Reaction score
Website
knotcraft.net
Thanks man! Yeah I've been looking at local auctions as well, I just haven't found the right van yet. I don't want to rush it at all.

Same, but I'm getting to a point where I'm just going to make a decision, live with it, and write in the book as part of the adventure. My daily driver is good for another 200k miles if I take care of her... despite how much I whine about not having a nice 4x4 SUV. I have one too many anchors that I can't just cut loose at the moment... it fucking sucks.

Johny

Reaction score
I found a 1959 international bus set up for hunting camp (bunks wood burning stove, propane ect ) for $350.
But it don't run ,not shure if it would worth checking into or not.
But wouldn't mind have the room for a few more ppl.

Mankini

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
someone here put up a govt vehicle auction website a few years ago. it seems to be awesome!!!! alot of schoolbus conversion vans and buses for dirt cheap.

Reactions: Haystack

Haystack

Reaction score
I found a 1959 international bus set up for hunting camp (bunks wood burning stove, propane ect ) for $350.
But it don't run ,not shure if it would worth checking into or not.
But wouldn't mind have the room for a few more ppl.
That sounds like a chill setup. Even if it dosen't run it sounds like a good price if you got a place to park it and live in it.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads