Suggestion Lost and found section (1 Viewer)

croc

Vagabond
Hometown
Roads n rails
Occasionally I stumble across some really cool stuff at hop outs and wonder "did someone really ditch this or just left it on accident?"
Maybe a section where u can say where u lost or found something n try to get it to the other person.

Click here to buy one of our amazing custom bandanas!

roughdraft

RápidoCorrenLosCarrosRespletoLosRielesDFerrocarril
Hometown
"The Hamptons of the Chesapeake"
awesome idea, the only issue I imagine is getting too specific with the item - then of course all of a sudden multiple people have lost that very item.

when I was working in a school recently for example, I found this badass flashdrive shaped like a surfboard, unique to me had never seen one. So I posted a note on my classroom door like "Lost flashdrive? Consult with <my name here> for details".

Sure enough a couple of different students came to me "You have a flashdrive?" I say "Yes, what's the one you're missing look like?" and since none of these kids told me it was a little surfboard that came apart, I knew they were most likely trying to gank it. I have seen the same thing many times posted at trailheads etc. in National Forests "Found carkeys/phone/wallet - call <<number here>> and tell me what it looks like"

So people gotta be strategic and only adumbrate the details of the item itself on this public forum.. while being very specific with the location… maybe someone finds it paranoid thinking but I think it's realistically important

OP
croc

croc

Vagabond
Hometown
Roads n rails
@roughdraft my thoughts on that are...
Let's green light anyone we find out is doin that.
But for real, yeah that would be a good way to keep valuable shit from being stolen by a lying fuck ass n is a good idea.

Also, I totally lost a surf board shaped flash drive at ur school so if u could mail that my way that'd be cool.

Hazardoussix6six

RideBikesPlayPolo
StP Supporter
Hometown
Cincinnati ,OH
I like this idea, I cant count how many hats I e lost at hopouts. Which are not valuable except for the sentimental value for myself. Fully support the idea though!

roughdraft

RápidoCorrenLosCarrosRespletoLosRielesDFerrocarril
Hometown
"The Hamptons of the Chesapeake"
I like this idea, I cant count how many hats I e lost at hopouts. Which are not valuable except for the sentimental value for myself. Fully support the idea though!
banter aside, to add to this great point - I imagine sentimentals would be a huge portion recovered & returned items thru this medium

Hazardoussix6six

RideBikesPlayPolo
StP Supporter
Hometown
Cincinnati ,OH
banter aside, to add to this great point - I imagine sentimentals would be a huge portion recovered & returned items thru this medium
I might be new years drunk, maybe, got off work at 2 am , seems like you are agreeing but maybe not unsure. None the less happy new years my crusty buttheads, love u all.

Edit- I saw " -i " as minus one. First few reads I see now it wasnt!!!

Matt Derrick

Semi-retired traveler
Staff member
Admin
Hometown
Austin, TX
Website
youtube.com
maybe we could just start it out as a sticky thread in the missed connections section? and see how it does from there?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$100.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $50.00 of $50.00 - reached!
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $75.00 of $75.00 - reached!
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $100.00 of $100.00 - reached!
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $100.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

Social distancing? Try traveling - whether it is a tramp van, a train or even a bike.
Favorite thing to do during an apocalypse??
First track of one of a solid album.
This shit is getting real, under self isolation - no, it's self quarantine now - thanks to some jerk who came to the Plant knowingly sick.
He has judged himself, as for me... my locker has been emptied because I am not putting up with that bullshit.
Looks like I just decided to take an early retirement, so on to greener pastures I go......
Be safe out there, perhaps we'll meet again when times are better.
I hope that y'all are good and safe wherever you may happen to be. Take care of yourselves, may the wind always be at your back <3
When Democrat and Republican politicians argue and fuck up so badly we end up taking 1st place in Plague Inc irl:

So, here's something great! After finally saying NO to eating carbs and sugar this morning (since that's mostly all there is to eat at home) and instead bought and ate vegetables, I actually don't have cravings anymore!

All I've eaten today is two sweet potatoes and some broccoli, and I don't have any food cravings, and I'm not lethargic!
Matt Derrick wrote on snailormoon's profile.
aww i really like your new profile picture.
Beautiful day to be alive and listen to the birds chirp, remembering to be grateful for what we have and not worry about what we have not.