Looking to travel for cheap

PoppyPossum

Reaction score
I'm 26, nb, and I figure I'm gonna be homeless soon so might as well see what the US offers. Never really traveled, but have wanted to since I was little. Hoping to find ways to make it from the Midwest to the coasts lol

Reactions: JackSquat

JackSquat

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
I'm 26, nb, and I figure I'm gonna be homeless soon so might as well see what the US offers. Never really traveled, but have wanted to since I was little. Hoping to find ways to make it from the Midwest to the coasts lol

Walking is the cheapest way. That's what I prefer doing. You won't get anywhere fast. But, you can really enjoy the scenery. :)

Scat

Global Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
roaddogs.cfw.me
Well, you came to the right place for that. Lots of great resources here so shuffle through. I would recommend having any important documents in order while you still have an address because it's a lot harder to acquire them after the fact. Hitchwiki.org can give you some pointers if you're looking to move a little quicker than just hoofing it on foot.

Reactions: JackSquat

PoppyPossum

Reaction score
Well, you came to the right place for that. Lots of great resources here so shuffle through. I would recommend having any important documents in order while you still have an address because it's a lot harder to acquire them after the fact. Hitchwiki.org can give you some pointers if you're looking to move a little quicker than just hoofing it on foot.

Thank you so much, I'll check it out!

The Toecutter

The Patron Saint of Filth
Reaction score
Get a decent bicycle and know how to keep it operable. Per mile of travel, it will use a lot less calories and therefore a lot less money than walking. This is assuming the bike is in good working order, since paying for repairs could easily reverse that arrangement. Consider that one can cover more than 100 miles per day on a bicycle, but about 1/3 of that while walking, assuming in both cases that one is physically fit.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads