looking to make some friends

foxx

Reaction score
hello lovely people, so glad i found this site :) my name is katie, i'm a 17 year old female lacking in travel experience. i've lived in this same tiny town in New Mexico since i was born, and truthfully i'm sick of living the way society has said is right. seeing as i will be moving out within the next year and i'd like to venture out into the unknown, i'd like to hear people's advice and stories. i'm an artist of all sorts, from photography to graffiti to painting i do it all. i'm a tattoo enthusiast and have two pet rats named indica and domina ;) i would love to talk with any and all :)

Reactions: scatwomb

soapybum

Reaction score
Well if you're gonna hit the road than make sure to get good equipment etc. You might be able to make good $ selling art depending where you go. Are you gonna go hitchhiking, rubber tramping, hopping or? If you're completely new to the streets and female I'd suggest finding a road dog to travel with at least till you get a good feel for the road. There's an abundance of info on this site so just browse through the forums for awhile. Oh, and welcome to StP :)

CXR1037

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
I strongly suggest not finding a "road dog", because that term usually comes with excessive drinking, missing trains, getting stuck in cities, lots of criminal trespass tickets, and being a general low-life. However, if you and a friend or two want to do some research on your own and set out together, maybe find someone experienced not online that you can trust, then go for it!

cxR - the road is 1/4 romance and 3/4 real life

Menyun

Reaction score
Welcome to STP! If you need a travel buddy with about the same exp come April ish thats when I'm headed out. I'm in Amarillo atm and will probably be somewhere around here or in OK around that time just trying to keep myself on a few couches throughout the winter.

foxx

Reaction score
yeah, experience is what i would need, and yet connections have to start somewhere :)

thanks menyun :) i'm not sure if i'll be out and about by then but maybe our paths will cross in the future

Jawline

Reaction score
Well when I was younger everyone thought I was older, now that I'm older it's the opposite. But it helps out sometimes, too so I'm not complaining too hard.

Jawline

Reaction score
Yeah! he's the best, I picked him up in september, he's only 4 months old right now but he's the best. and makes traveling alone suck just a little bit less. Are you gonna travel with your rats once you get out?

foxx

Reaction score
aw that's great :) yes i'd love to bring my ratties with me, i'm thinking i can modify a sweatshirt with a front pocket to hold them securely and keep them warm, and as far as food goes they eat anything. it would be great to have them along. how long have you been traveling?

bicycle

Reaction score
hey, welcome to the forum!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads