Looking for song recommendations to make a burned CD for a couple youngins into bluegrass (1 Viewer)

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
I want to burn a CD or two for my boss's kids aged 11 and 14 who are into bluegrass mostly. I'm looking for some good song recommendations that feature guitar and/or mandolin and in the bluegrass/folk punk genre. Tunes to inspire them but also maybe some songs that are a little simpler, that they could learn themselves. Help me out guys?

Click here to buy the Anarchist's Guide to Travel!

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Website
www.youtube.com
I don't know about the folk punk scene, but as far as bluegrass:

"The lighthouse tale" - Nickle creek
"Fly away" - Alison Krause
"Foggy mountain breakdown" - various artists
"You are my sunshine" - various artists

Artists:

The steeldrivers
Alison Krauss and Union Station
Tony Rice
Nickle Creek
Sam Bush
Jerry Douglas

Many more, but I can't think of them at the moment.

DrewSTNY

Vagabond
More in the folk artist realm, but I would recommend Lost Dog Street Band, The Devil Makes Three, Rubber Knife Gang, and Bad Livers. Wouldn't hurt to put a couple songs from Nahko on there.

Trooper

Pilgrim
jesse stewart is great, rail yard ghosts kill it too, theres also some good anti folk stuff like AJJ and jeffery lewis

roughdraft

RápidoCorrenLosCarrosRespletoLosRielesDFerrocarril
i might not know what im talkin about but

Old Dead Tree by Defiance, Ohio

comes to mind

Users who are viewing this thread

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$90.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $50.00 of $50.00 - reached!
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $75.00 of $75.00 - reached!
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $90.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $90.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.