looking for radical homesteaders!!! | Squat the Planet

looking for radical homesteaders!!!

kenny

Reaction score
the title of the post says it all , looking for folks who wanna run off into the mountains and just "live"

I bought some land a year ago hoping to form a real semi-self sustaining radical community. The problem is , most of my friends love being here in the city.

Hit me up If creating something beautiful & lasting sounds interesting to you.

Reactions: Mankini

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Kenny - I'm going to move this thread to Alternative Housing. And very cool on the land purchase! Sadly I'm one of those city rooted people :)

I see you are currently in West Philly from your profile - is that around where your land is that you want to develop the community? Just for the people interest - do you have ideas on what you will be doing? - raising crops/chickens, etc to sustain, etc? I have a friend who has plans on doing this with her land in the next few years and leaving the daily grind and just live on her sustainable farm (she's started with chickens and is selling the eggs; ducks and goats are later this year) and she's also having another couple live on the one part of the land next year as well.

So hey - good luck and I hope you get some travelers to participate and get it going - and do keep us up on your progress!

D

Deleted member 2626

wheres your land? I have 1.96 acres my dad sold me in Northern Penn. I have a 12x12 shack on it now and am working till spring I believe to pay my dad the rest of the money for the land and to fund some little projects for it. I am off grid totally and will remain that way despite power line less than a hundred yards away. Not super remote as I'd like but not urban at all or paved roads or large town in vicinity. garden this spring, recycled siding, finish wood stove and going to build a shade shack or tipi and some rambling in-between I'm sure.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
this is a REALLY popular topic here on StP, i'm sure you'll get some people that are interested. i'm assuming the land is in Pennsylvania?

kenny

Reaction score
That land is in the foothills of the Ozark mountains. About an hour and a half from St.Luis.

Closest neighbors about 2 miles over the ridge & about 7 miles to the closest paved road

Reactions: Belle Amie

Psylock1045

Reaction score
I'm very much interested. What's the plans for it? Give us some details

D

Deleted member 2626

just drove through the ozarks again god damn beautiful country my dad was stationed in arkansas when he was in the military awhile ago. rode my second freight years ago to jonesboro. green green green. good luck

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads