Featured - Looking for John, the guy who saved me when I broke my leg riding trains | Page 2 | Squat the Planet

Featured Looking for John, the guy who saved me when I broke my leg riding trains

Jimmy Beans

Bad Order Hoghead
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Unfortunately no, I have not managed to get back in contact with John. I tell this story to a lot of travelers I meet in hopes that one of them knows him. Maybe John told his side of this story to someone out there who has heard it and they reconnect us. That's kind of what I'm hoping on currently. I originally planned on hitting the road once I was healed up and just non-stop traveling and hopefully I'd run into him but then this sweet dog came into my life and kinda forced me to stay housed up for the duration of her life. I prefer to ride trains and I just couldn't take an animal with such sensitive hearing and gigantic ears on trains around those squealing metal wheels. Not to mention she acts like a fucking mall cop and any little sound she's on high alert growling and barking. She's have me in handcuffs and herself in the shelter non-stop. So.. I just gotta hang tight, ride this out with her and then if I manage to outlive her I'll head out in search of John at that point.

Attachments

• Kayas Trick.mp4
    5.2 MB

BlackJack

Reaction score
Unfortunately no, I have not managed to get back in contact with John. I tell this story to a lot of travelers I meet in hopes that one of them knows him. Maybe John told his side of this story to someone out there who has heard it and they reconnect us. That's kind of what I'm hoping on currently. I originally planned on hitting the road once I was healed up and just non-stop traveling and hopefully I'd run into him but then this sweet dog came into my life and kinda forced me to stay housed up for the duration of her life. I prefer to ride trains and I just couldn't take an animal with such sensitive hearing and gigantic ears on trains around those squealing metal wheels. Not to mention she acts like a fucking mall cop and any little sound she's on high alert growling and barking. She's have me in handcuffs and herself in the shelter non-stop. So.. I just gotta hang tight, ride this out with her and then if I manage to outlive her I'll head out in search of John at that point.

I completely understand. You gotta do what is best for your furry companion. Beautiful dog, btw. Sounds like she is a great intruder alarm and friend to have around.

Thank you for the update. I hope you're able to make that reconnection.

Reactions: Jimmy Beans

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads