Looking for a squat in California.

zaman_27

Reaction score
Hi I came to California a few weeks back to get away from the cold of england. I was staying in hostels,but have now run out of all money,and am homeless. being homeless aint too much fun in America. I want to know if anybody can let me join a cool squat in Los angeles (or surrounding areas,such as San francisco)? I have squatted for about 2 years in London and know all the traditionss of squatting. i have met a few American squatters in London and liked them a lot. Looking forward to some help. Thanks folks.

IOWACORE

Reaction score
never been to LA. San francisco is ok to squat in but with property value being so high, owners are a lot more attentive to their houses, and dont like to leave them abandoned for too long. Oakland is great though, tons of abandoned shit. if your just looking for temporary housing or a good starting point in the bay area? try "homes not jails" san Francisco. or ask around. ask people on the street. its very common in the bay, not sure about LA, but who knows? talk to the dirty kids and punks and you might get lucky.

best of luck to you!

Reactions: skyedreamer

zaman_27

Reaction score
Like i said,being homeless in an uber-capitalistic society like America ain't no fun. So I would be so grateful if somebody would give mt eh adress of a specific squat i could joing in California. Thanks.

Cardboard

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Ho to Hellarity house in Oakland. they are facing eviction right now and could use a hand maybe. Maybe they are done by the time you get there though.

FLoP

Reaction score
There is an empty house on the water front in Santa Monica. It's half a km to the north of the Santa Monica pier. It's the only one there. Super temp tho like a night or three a week. It's right on the beach. Other than that ask the kids in Venice or the ones on Hollywood blvd. I know sleep spots in the area, but no legit squats. And if you are in hollywood look up My Friends Place. It's a drop in center on Hollywood blvd. food, showers, socks and a nice spot to chill for a minute. The have health services too and shit like that. Tell em you are under 23 and looking for a job. They will give you free bus tokens that way. Stay safe

Reactions: skyedreamer
K

Kim Chee

well if a person dont want to publish the adrss of the squat over the internet then just send me a private message. thanks.:D
If I were law enforcement/code enforcement whatever and I wanted to get an address real easy in my city what am I going to do? Ask kids on the street? No, I can't pull that off,
they'll see my fancy car, paunch belly and nice clothes. Hmmmmm... So what's a fatass working stiff going to do in this case? I'm going to ask on StP and act like a cool kid, they
will never see it coming until their squat gets shut down. So, maybe go to a neighborhood that has kids that you might like to talk to and talk to them (in person). I'm not trying to be
an asshole, it comes naturally.

zaman_27

Reaction score
ok, you're so paranoid that you have a squat,but you dont want to publish the adress online or even message it to me in private,then the only other option is fir us to meet up in person and hjave a coffee in order for you to work out if i'm genuine or not. failing all that i can show you my many posts from the UK squatting site;'ASS',. my username there is the same as my one on this site. but to be frank you're all being too paranoid for your own good. elvis sang suspicious minds,not paranoid minds.
by the way, its pretty cold at night here in la,so please someone rescue me ASAP.

K

Kim Chee

ok, you're so paranoid that you have a squat,but you dont want to publish the adress online or even message it to me in private,then the only other option is fir us to meet up in person and hjave a coffee in order for you to work out if i'm genuine or not. failing all that i can show you my many posts from the UK squatting site;'ASS',. my username there is the same as my one on this site. but to be frank you're all being too paranoid for your own good. elvis sang suspicious minds,not paranoid minds.
by the way, its pretty cold at night here in la,so please someone rescue me ASAP.

This is fucking hilarious. I'm not sure how your U.K. authorities see the squatting scene. Here in the U.S., I'm sure it is much different and to advertise one's house is to risk losing it. If I had many places to go, maybe I wouldn't sweat it. I'm paranoid only to the extent that I get to keep my house and am certainly not mentally ill. You're in Los Angeles and you think its cold? HaHA! I don't wish you ill brother. It doesn't take a genius to stay warm in L.A., maybe the outside stuff isn't for you. Suck dix for $$ for a plane ticket to Hawaii? It'll get cold there too, but at least you'll be outta L.A.

zaman_27

Reaction score
sorry, i didnt read the whole thread and missed the part about the empty house on the santa monica pier. does anyone want to meet me and check it out?

nameless

Reaction score
Like i said,being homeless in an uber-capitalistic society like America ain't no fun. So I would be so grateful if somebody would give mt eh adress of a specific squat i could joing in California. Thanks.

fuck me if im wrong..but isn't london one of the most expensive places in the world? something like 2000 pounds for a week in a 4 star hotel, they capitalize the most off of tourists, but yes new york and california are among the most overpriced places as well, too many people

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads