Longtime lurker finally comes out of the shadows

Sickboi

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
So i've been lurking stp for longer than I can count, I know I was under 18 when i started reading the forums and im 23 now so you can do the math. Anyways, I decided it's a good time to get in better touch with this community since for the most part i've seen nothing but great people here. I haven't had too much travelling experience beyond going from michigan to washington chillin a couple months then coming back.

Then I came back home tried the 9 to 5 thing, developed a really bad drug problem and regretted ever coming back.

So here we are a few years later, I quit the drugs (the hard ones), quit my job, and since i was 14 I haven't been able to get the urge to travel out of my system, so come September im headed to NOLA and just kinda seeing what happens. Because I know if I don't i'm gonna spend the rest of my life regretting it (also the fact i dont have a place to stay for long and Michigan gets really cold)

So here I am, thats my story thus far, and for once in my life i'm excited for the future.

sorry to ramble so much, never been one for introductions but there's my attempt at one.

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Right on. Welcome. No regrets, and safe travels!

K8lh

Reaction score
Im new to the web site and kinda new to traveling too. I see some similarities in our stories. Sounds like ur headed in the right place though ! Best of luck & safe travels :)

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Out of the shadows and into the STP sunlight! Welcome!

Reactions: beersalt

ntdxc1878

Reaction score
Cool man! If you're in NOLA in September, you could maybe try and make your way to the slab city, CA in October for the jambo. That would be a good way to connect with people from the community, which you mentioned. Just an idea though

Ether Ashe

Reaction score
Website
www.reverbnation.com
So i've been lurking stp for longer than I can count, I know I was under 18 when i started reading the forums and im 23 now so you can do the math. Anyways, I decided it's a good time to get in better touch with this community since for the most part i've seen nothing but great people here. I haven't had too much travelling experience beyond going from michigan to washington chillin a couple months then coming back.

Then I came back home tried the 9 to 5 thing, developed a really bad drug problem and regretted ever coming back.

So here we are a few years later, I quit the drugs (the hard ones), quit my job, and since i was 14 I haven't been able to get the urge to travel out of my system, so come September im headed to NOLA and just kinda seeing what happens. Because I know if I don't i'm gonna spend the rest of my life regretting it (also the fact i dont have a place to stay for long and Michigan gets really cold)

So here I am, thats my story thus far, and for once in my life i'm excited for the future.

sorry to ramble so much, never been one for introductions but there's my attempt at one.
When you go to NOLA, don't fuck around in Baton Rouge. In fact, if you can completely avoid or bypass it, do so. Safe travels.

Dmac

Reaction score
It's September... heading out yet? safe travels dude!

beersalt

Reaction score
Website
m.soundcloud.com
Way to make your presence made! Hope things go well for you man. I hear NOLA has a bunch of good, as well as bad shit in the pot. As any place.. Have a good time, ridin' the tide yo.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Cool man! If you're in NOLA in September, you could maybe try and make your way to the slab city, CA in October for the jambo. That would be a good way to connect with people from the community, which you mentioned. Just an idea though

What what this person said, and you can probably find some folks to travel to nola with after the jambo since a lot of folks will be going there afterwards...

Reactions: ntdxc1878

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads