Long time lurker, first time poster

doomedswine

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Name is Jacob...29 and leaving Phoenix next month. I'm attempting to follow a bunch of west coast festivals (LIB, Symbiosis, Serenity Gathering) in my Titan pick up. I plan on working with vendors as I'm highly skilled at culinary arts and try to live at a festival the last year of my 20's.

I have no fucking clue what's out there but after reading all I can about this lifestyle and a few test runs, I feel I'm ready...ish.

I leave Phoenix between the 9th and 20th. Ill be heading to LA then to Serenity in central California. Any advice, tips, warnings would be much obliged.

Thanks and see you out there, ya.

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Hey welcome (finally) to STP! Looks like a great Spring/Summer ahead! Hopefully some people who have been to those festivals - or may suggest other ones - will chime in. Have fun!

Reactions: doomedswine
D

Deleted member 21429

Hey Hey and best of luck to ya. You have a plan. Only advice I have is what I would do if my vehicle is now my apartment too is ... Make a duplicate set of keys, get a AAA card, and go over your vehicle before you take off, ie; Spare tire, jumper cables, tools, jack etc.. because if you break down you don't have anything, you're screwed. Have a tent in case you have to have it in a shop for a bit. No idea how your mechanic skills are but at least have someone you know while you're in familiar territory and have them check it over. ~ peace and may you have safe travels with many wonders

doomedswine

Reaction score
Thank you for the encouragement and advice. I'm a contractor by trade and have an arsenal of tools with me at all times so that's good.

My first stop will be the Slabs. Does anyone have any tips or advice for a noob before I get there? I was checking out the Air BnB listings there and strangely all the reviews are from pretty girls haha did not expect that at all.

I saw on East Jesus's website a list of needed supplies and romex wire was listed so I'm bringing a roll of that to donate lol hoping to curry good favor with the locals.

Reactions: severin

severin

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
2569 S 5600 W ste 400, West Valley City, UT 84120
Never been. But I hope you enjoy.. Kind of stating the obvious here but it's going to be getting pretty.. hot out here and that might have something to do with why a lot of people have negative experiences there? idk.

But you're from phoenix.. I'm sure you are accustomed to heat.

Welcome!

Reactions: doomedswine

Hobo Mud

Reaction score
Welcome to STP! Safe travels.

Reaction score
I basically lived on the California festival circuit in 2016 and went to all the festivals you mentioned. I spent a good portion of last year on it as well. Add me on Facebook and hit me up if you have any questions of need some people to link up with (but honestly, it's better to just let meeting people happen organically...and it will!). I can especially have advice on how to do it with very little money haha. I live and travel in a van and I always find my way in to those things (generally without working because honestly I don't go to parties to work, though I have worked several).

I'm only hitting a couple this year as I'm trying to focus more on traveling. Have the best time ever in your travels/festival experiences man!

Reactions: Drengor

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads