Logo change and menu highlighting for mobile users (1 Viewer)

Matt Derrick

Semi-retired traveler
Staff member
Admin
Website
youtube.com
I've made a small adjustment to the top of the website for mobile users. Hopefully this will make it a little more obvious there is a menu they can use to navigate the site:

Screenshot _32__LI.jpg

Love it? Hate it? Let me know in a reply below.

Click here to buy one of our amazing custom bandanas!

roughdraft

RápidoCorrenLosCarrosRespletoLosRielesDFerrocarril
i think that's a simple but huge boost, i'd encourage using that font and the exact color for the dropdown menu symbol throughout the site... where and for what exactly? i have no idea but definitely worth safekeeping, looks really lovely

roughdraft

RápidoCorrenLosCarrosRespletoLosRielesDFerrocarril
honestly i was thinking the exact same thing lmao, hard and light agree / disagree widgets

MetalBryan

Vagabond
The update came the same day I got my new phone and I feel like I'm living in the future. My "like" is so hard right now...

Matt Derrick

Semi-retired traveler
Staff member
Admin
Website
youtube.com
yay, im glad this is helping! i don't mind adding more reactions, i just gotta find the right icons for them. I've been wanting to put a 'thanks!' reaction, but the default emoji for that is two hands together and it looks like praying:

🙏

which is a little to religious for me.

DavyHex

Hey Matt! Would you be willing to give us the story behind the new and old STP symbols? I dunno, might be boring to everyone else? I've always been interested in the meaning(s) of stuff like this... The old one was the 'N' with the arrow on the top, right? Then the globe one?

Matt Derrick

Semi-retired traveler
Staff member
Admin
Website
youtube.com
Hey Matt! Would you be willing to give us the story behind the new and old STP symbols? I dunno, might be boring to everyone else? I've always been interested in the meaning(s) of stuff like this... The old one was the 'N' with the arrow on the top, right? Then the globe one?

i might do a youtube video about it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$90.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $50.00 of $50.00 - reached!
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $75.00 of $75.00 - reached!
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $90.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $90.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.