Living on the road in Italy | Squat the Planet

Living on the road in Italy

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
interesting! have you been to the states and can you compare the differences between here and there? are there squatters in italy?

AMichelle

Reaction score
interesting! have you been to the states and can you compare the differences between here and there? are there squatters in italy?

I have been to the states, but unfortunately not for travelling. But I have a couple of friends who are either american or have lived there and they told me about the differences.

So getting around is different. Trainhopping isn't common at all in Italy. The thing I like doing is bunking trains, you don't really get in trouble for doing it (which is different in Switzerland for example). If they catch you, they simply kick you out of the train and you wait for the next one.

Feeding yourself is easier in italy, compared to other countries. I never had to dumpster dive, I simply ask grocery stores 5 mins before closure if they have something left and that is enough most of the time.

Making money is the same I guess...usually I don't see many people flying signs, they're more into spanging or panhandling here. I prefer day labour though. I use panhandling more to get in contact with people who could offer me a shower, a washingmachine or even a job. But I think that i'm more likely to get these things because I have a babyface lol. friends of mine had worse experiences.

I'm gonna find myself an american husband to get a residence permission then I can tell you more about the differences :)

• Useful
Reactions: Matt Derrick

MyshelleAndJonah

Reaction score

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads