Lions and tigers and bears | Squat the Planet

Lions and tigers and bears

couchissatan

Reaction score
I've traveled with my cat for years and now were traveling with 3 happy dogs. We take dogs in and find them good homes for ourselves. We do farm wok and such so most go to places like that. I am wondering if anybody had traveled with any other animals before. Id like to take care of something else but also want it to be travel worthy!

Reactions: Kal

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Actually if you don't mine - can I ask you a question. I get questions more than occasionally - about how is it to travel with a cat. I've seen some input on that. Do you travel with a harness? via vehicle or train? Thanks for your help :)

Reaction score
I
Actually if you don't mine - can I ask you a question. I get questions more than occasionally - about how is it to travel with a cat. I've seen some input on that. Do you travel with a harness? via vehicle or train? Thanks for your help :)
I traveled with a cat for a long time, I rescued him when he was only 3 weeks old, I got the smallest dog harness I could find and made it tighter with zip ties. It took a lot of patience, but I finally had him trained to walk on a leash and ride on my shoulder. He was very good tempered, he didn't mind large crowds and wouldn't freak out unless a large dog was harassing him. I never tried going on a train with him. But we hitch hiked many many many miles together:)

couchissatan

Reaction score
I was living in a van with the cat. I would leash the cat when we were in a heavy populated area. But if I was chilling in the woods or some parks which was more often than not she just stayed around after awhile. The thing that sucked was she would randomly just take off for two hours and if it was tame to go she was no where to be found. Ha that got a little annoying

couchissatan

Reaction score
I was living in a van with the cat. I would leash the cat when we were in a heavy populated area. But if I was chilling in the woods or some parks which was more often than not she just stayed around after awhile. The thing that sucked was she would randomly just take off for two hours and if it was tame to go she was no where to be found. Ha that got a little annoying
She would just follow me through the woods or wherever. She did get chased up a few trees by big dogs too. That will happen. Ha buts all in all she was fun. She's still traveling with my ex. That cats been all over the place!

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Cool thanks for the cat input - like I said - I run into people asking about this many times. Now as for traveling with rats - there is some input here - go up to right hand part of screen for search option and search for rats - there is some info there. Other stuff - Google "traveling with rats" I used to have a big pet rat, Timmy, but he didn't travel. He ate and pooped, a lot of both too hehe. I'm housed up with my herd of 3 cats but soon to get some madagascar hissing cockroaches.

D

Deleted member 2626

Plan on traveling with a pack goat when i finally make the leap. But had thougnt about a cat with me and the pooch. Just haven't rescued a kitten in some time

Kal

Reaction score
Cool thanks for the cat input - like I said - I run into people asking about this many times. Now as for traveling with rats - there is some input here - go up to right hand part of screen for search option and search for rats - there is some info there. Other stuff - Google "traveling with rats" I used to have a big pet rat, Timmy, but he didn't travel. He ate and pooped, a lot of both too hehe. I'm housed up with my herd of 3 cats but soon to get some madagascar hissing cockroaches.
Hissing Cockroaches sounds fun.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads