Lighters

ali

Reaction score
Any reason not to just get a couple of BICs? I know it's bad for the environment and all, but if you're only using them to light a fire or a fellow traveler's smoke from time to time then they last forever.

ali

Reaction score
Like, explode explode? Damn, that's nuts! I had one BIC-style lighter somehow start leaking ice cold gas all over the place which sucked, but it was a cheap no-name brand so i figured i was just unlucky.

Tony G

Reaction score
Yup it exploded i had to go to the hospital there was a peice of plastic stuck in my leg it wasn't a big piece but yeah i stopped useing them after that ive since found out they can explode from heat it was 110 it sucked

• Epic
Reactions: ali

seabeer

Reaction score
Website
theskilledsurvivor.com
Everyone I know carries at least one BIC. If you can find a clear one, all the better. They are about as reliable as they come, they don't leak or evaporate, their flints outlast their fuel source, and they are small and lightweight but durable. Most importantly, they are cheap, allowing you to buy several of them for your kit(s) for the same price as one collectable lighter. Wrap a few feet of tape, jute, or rubber bands around them and you have a a multi-use tool with built-in, slow burning tinder.

• Useful
  • Agree
Reactions: Batsy and ali

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads