Leaving Chicago in about a month.

Threads
Reactions
Current Location
Chicago
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
Hey all I'm Jane, I'm in Chicago Illinois and I'm planning on doing some solo cycling/hitchhiking long term across the states for the first time. Any advice would be appreciated.

Threads
Reactions
Current Location
Milwaukee Wisconsin
Website
www.youtube.com
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
Welcome Aboard!!! You're in the right place! There's plenty of info and helpful people that can answer your questions.

However, I'm working on solo cycling myself in the future. There's the Discovery Trail that runs through Chicago that goes from the east coast to the west. There's information on it on this site for a start!

Good Luck and Welcome Aboard!

OP
OP
JaneTheTraveler98
Threads
Reactions
Current Location
Chicago
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
Thanks! I don't really have any plans so that seems like as good a start as any.

Threads
Reactions
Current Location
Spain
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
Hey all I'm Jane, I'm in Chicago Illinois and I'm planning on doing some solo cycling/hitchhiking long term across the states for the first time. Any advice would be appreciated.
Hi,some friends from me in chicago just bought a van to go travel some,they are in chicago right now..if u want to hook up,we stream live daily on youngs vlog on you tube..pls check us,we are some simple musicians exploring a bit..x

OP
OP
JaneTheTraveler98
Threads
Reactions
Current Location
Chicago
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
Sure, what's their yt channel? Send me the link

OP
OP
JaneTheTraveler98
Threads
Reactions
Current Location
Chicago
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
I just looked at the website and it looks like a thing that I can really get into.

Threads
Reactions
Current Location
Milwaukee Wisconsin
Website
www.youtube.com
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
I just looked at the website and it looks like a thing that I can really get into.
Cool! I am debating to travel on it to the Rocky Mountains! It's that the cold and snowy months are coming very soon :( So that will delay me going if I want to travel on it by bicycle. Ice and snow is the enemy for bicycle riders!

OP
OP
JaneTheTraveler98
Threads
Reactions
Current Location
Chicago
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
Ice and snow is the enemy for bicycle riders!
I was worried about the cold months too but now I'm getting into the mindset of fuck it because if I don't leave as soon as I can then I'll just convince myself that it has to be the perfect conditions for me to go and I know that will never happen.

OP
OP
JaneTheTraveler98
Threads
Reactions
Current Location
Chicago
Reactions
100% 0% 0%