Leaving Chicago in about a month.

Threads
Current Location
Chicago
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
Hey all I'm Jane, I'm in Chicago Illinois and I'm planning on doing some solo cycling/hitchhiking long term across the states for the first time. Any advice would be appreciated.

Threads
Current Location
Milwaukee Wisconsin
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
Welcome Aboard!!! You're in the right place! There's plenty of info and helpful people that can answer your questions.

However, I'm working on solo cycling myself in the future. There's the Discovery Trail that runs through Chicago that goes from the east coast to the west. There's information on it on this site for a start!

Good Luck and Welcome Aboard!

OP
OP
JaneTheTraveler98
Threads
Current Location
Chicago
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
Thanks! I don't really have any plans so that seems like as good a start as any.

Threads
Current Location
Spain
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
Hey all I'm Jane, I'm in Chicago Illinois and I'm planning on doing some solo cycling/hitchhiking long term across the states for the first time. Any advice would be appreciated.
Hi,some friends from me in chicago just bought a van to go travel some,they are in chicago right now..if u want to hook up,we stream live daily on youngs vlog on you tube..pls check us,we are some simple musicians exploring a bit..x

OP
OP
JaneTheTraveler98
Threads
Current Location
Chicago
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
Sure, what's their yt channel? Send me the link

OP
OP
JaneTheTraveler98
Threads
Current Location
Chicago
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
I just looked at the website and it looks like a thing that I can really get into.

Threads
Current Location
Milwaukee Wisconsin
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
I just looked at the website and it looks like a thing that I can really get into.
Cool! I am debating to travel on it to the Rocky Mountains! It's that the cold and snowy months are coming very soon :( So that will delay me going if I want to travel on it by bicycle. Ice and snow is the enemy for bicycle riders!

OP
OP
JaneTheTraveler98
Threads
Current Location
Chicago
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
Ice and snow is the enemy for bicycle riders!
I was worried about the cold months too but now I'm getting into the mindset of fuck it because if I don't leave as soon as I can then I'll just convince myself that it has to be the perfect conditions for me to go and I know that will never happen.

OP
OP
JaneTheTraveler98
Threads
Current Location
Chicago
Reactions
100% 0% 0%

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Donate to StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$50.00

Latest Status Updates

You kno, I just have ta say, Houston has nice weather to winta, AND, plenty of money going round to survive!
Looking for a ride share & or anyone going to Cheyenne, OK. Roger Mills County's From Altus ok, before 7:00am Tues 23,, leaving Altus by 7:00am (Do have a few $ too help out!! Text or call, 580-649-8599 ASAP,, Important ""Court"": Thank you
Departing TN for Slabs on Wednesday via the big grey beast to el centro. Ready to ramble!! Gonna be an interesting and exciting winter!
First time getting a grainer with amazing hiding holes. Much more relaxing when your not freaking visible 100 percent of the time.
Anyone heading south or want to team up and travel on the road? Would like catch a ride or someone who would want to meet up and go south or other well cool spots to rejuvenate. Lol lets do this. ✌
I got some carpal tunnel going on from holding this sign. @Matt Derrick, you got some worker's comp in this bitch??
Gonna hitch into New Orleans tommorow. Anyone got any tips for where to stay?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Threads in last 24 hours
Messages in last 24 hours
Members in last 30 days
Latest member
ERSK