Learning the site | Squat the Planet

Learning the site

LysergicAbreaction

Reaction score
Hello.

Completely new to this site.

I am not entirely proficient with most technological devices, so I apologize in advance for any effect that my mediocre technological abilities might have on posting.

At this point I have just been browsing through and trying to get to know the site, and attempting to get everything set up properly.

This seems like a handy resource, specially as I do not use any social media sites and often do not own a phone. It seems like a great way to stay in touch with all the amazing individuals I meet on the road.

I wrote a small amount in the "profile" and "about me" section, but as I mentioned in those areas I have never been very good at talking about myself. I am generally fairly introverted and quiet and am often fairly shy, but ill do my best. I feel it's better to get to know someone through interaction with them rather than some spiel they threw together as an introduction. So, I will do my best to interact as much as possible.

Any comments, suggestions, advice, or if you just want to introduce yourself, it would be appreciated.

Thanks.

-Lysergic Abreaction

Reactions: Matt Derrick

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Thanks for a great intro and yeah I totally understand about an introduction hehe. I don't even think I did one - shy girl (well then) probably blended into a conversation - as I used to do in different forums ... Welcome to STP!

LysergicAbreaction

Reaction score
Thank you all for the kind welcome.

I am slowly but surely learning this site as well as the technology essential for accessing it.

I am sure that I will interact with all of you at some point or another, (despite my introverted and misanthropic tendencies) until then thank you for the kind welcome and for the supportive responses.

-LysergicAbreaction

LysergicAbreaction

Reaction score
...I probably shouldn't even mention this, as it holds no relevance to the thread, or anything else really, but does anybody else automatically think of 2,5-dimethoxy-4-methyl-amphetamine when they hear the abbreviation "STP"?

...never mind, it was a stupid comment.

It's an interesting story though. The compound was distributed through out the haight in the 60s and resulted in a large number of non-lethal overdoses.
(For further details see section below)

This compound, unbeknownst to me, was scattered widely and plentifully in the heyday of the Haight-Ashbury in San Francisco, in mid-1967. It was distributed under the name STP, which was said to stand for Serenity, Tranquility, and Peace. It was also claimed to represent Super Terrific Psychedelic, or Stop The Police. The police called it: Too Stupid to Puke. Actually, the name was taken from the initials of a motor additive which was completely unrelated chemically.
Two complications became apparent during this first appearance and they led to serious difficulties. One, there was no equation made between STP and DOM. No one knew what this drug was which had been distributed in a cavalier way throughout the city. There could be no educated guess as to the best treatment of overdose emergencies. And secondly, the initial tablets that had been distributed apparently contained 20 milligrams of DOM per tablet; later, it was dropped to 10 milligrams. Either of these, in retrospect, is now known to be a thoroughly whopping dose. The overdose situation was aggravated by the slow onset of DOM. The user may be aware of some initial effects at the half-hour point, there will be what might be called a + or ++ at the end of the first hour, and the full impact of the drug is not appreciated until some two hours have elapsed. But many of the recipients of the free handouts of DOM were familiar with LSD which can show its alert in 15 to 20 minutes, or even sooner with a large dose, and there is already a deep and compelling intoxication felt at the half-hour point. They, quite reasonably, expected this familiar activity pattern with STP and assumed, when there was little if any activity noted at the half-hour point, that the potency was less than expected. They took one or even two additional dosage units. Thus, some of the overdose victims of that period may well have taken as much as 30 mg of DOM. The slow onset of action, coupled with the remarkably long duration, caught many innocent users unprepared. -shulgin;PIHKAL

Reactions: thestudent

LysergicAbreaction

Reaction score
My "misanthropic bodhisattva" disposition interweaving itself into the quotidian vexatious vicissitudes of my personal existence coupled with my alacrity to magnanimous action has generated much contemplation on my part...

I have always thought of it as "I love humanity, but dislike individuals humans", and I honestly enjoy solitude and time to myself, but at the urging of someone very close to me I am making a point to be more interactive with the human race. Its going better than I thought it would, but it's also more difficult. I have been following the leary/mckenna strategy of "finding the others" (see excerpt below)

“Admit it. You aren’t like them. You’re not even close. You may occasionally dress yourself up as one of them, watch the same mindless television shows as they do, maybe even eat the same fast food sometimes. But it seems that the more you try to fit in, the more you feel like an outsider, watching the “normal people” as they go about their automatic existences. For every time you say club passwords like “Have a nice day” and “Weather’s awful today, eh?”, you yearn inside to say forbidden things like “Tell me something that makes you cry” or “What do you think deja vu is for?”. Face it, you even want to talk to that girl in the elevator. But what if that girl in the elevator (and the balding man who walks past your cubicle at work) are thinking the same thing? Who knows what you might learn from taking a chance on conversation with a stranger? Everyone carries a piece of the puzzle. Nobody comes into your life by mere coincidence. Trust your instincts. Do the unexpected. Find the others…” -Tim leary

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$20.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads