Learning From the Natives | Squat the Planet

Learning From the Natives

Nomadic Wolf

Reaction score
I want to backpack, hitchhike, train hop, and nomad my way across the country. Nonetheless, I must give need to the original fuel behind my drive, which was the quest for knowledge regarding wilderness survival and self-reliance. With this in mind, I turn to the natives of north America. Who better to learn from than them? The only problem is that I have no idea where to look, who to go to, or what it will cost in monetary terms.

Does anyone know where I could go to learn from native Americans in the continental US (as inexpensively as possible)?

Last edited:

marmar

Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
I want to backpack, hitchhike, train hop, and nomad my way across the country. Nonetheless, I must give need to the original fuel behind my drive, which was the quest for knowledge regarding wilderness survival and self-reliance. With this in mind, I turn to the natives of north America. Who better to learn from than them? The only problem is that I have no idea where to look, who to go to, or what it will cost in monetary terms.

Does anyone know where I could go to learn from native Americans in the continental US (as inexpensively as possible)?
I'm afraid the natives that could teach you wilderness survival have being long gone, like you are a couple hundred years late really. The reservations, I'm not an expert, but I think there are different amount of misery drug addiction etc depending on the area. The ones that do well-ish, dont normally keep their houses open for white strangers,just like any other population.
I'd advice to read books on wilderness survival instead

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads