Kitty in LA

KittyKhan

Reaction score
Hello peeps. I just got to Los Angeles. I’m broke, and semi homeless. Was hoping to get some advice, tips and help to survive in this city.

I’m Kat but I go by Kitty as well. I’m 21, trans female and a lesbian. Hope to make some good cool friends ^_^

Reactions: BabyGodzilla

Colinleath

Reaction score
Website
colinleath.github.io
I guess it depends on what you're trying to do?

LA was for years the anathema for me so i finally made myself go up there (from SD where i had housing if I wanted it) and camp out for two weeks (I always prefer wild secluded spaces).

It was doable. Highlights were Pasadena/ rose bowl, la Canada flintridge, will Rogers state park, i even slept on a grassy hillside in view of downtown. For Venice beach you've got balloona creek.

But if you're an urban extrovert that's a different more crazy game. And there are few places that game would be as interesting i imagine as in LA.

Regardless, unless you're in Malibu/Santa Monica mountains or head back into the san Gabriels LA is car hell and noise of freeways ubiquitous as is associated pollution.

Why not go to a smaller town? Big bear, Ojai, idylwild, Joshua tree.

Get your ebt and health insurance at some county benefits office, get a library card, get a job if you want one and live a good life.

It's only those who have enough to easily pay for housing and those who don't pay for housing who like CA the most i think.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads