KAUAI? Anyone been to/or know stuff about Kauai?

nepheron

Reaction score
Planning to go over to Kauai and stay in Kalalau valley for a LONG while....anyone here have stories or advise? My biggest concern is those park rangers who think they're rambo...
much appreciated :p

keg

Reaction score
its there home.you are the visiter.summer is bad time to go there.boats bring the tourists so they do not have to hike.bring doses and people will be grateful and helpful

Kalalau

Reaction score
yeah.. don't worry about the rangers.... you're just one fake name away from a ticket.. due to severe budget cuts they only fly in once or twice a year. the ticket is 100 bucks if you give em your real name, and if you're cool with them, they'll be cool with you. they're closing it down in september? for air blasting some rocks off a cliff.. not sure what it'll be like when that's goin on. But I'll be back at 8 mile in 2 months. bring chocolate, and bring tobacco.. that's all I gotta say... oh.. and hippie repellant, and some booze.

christianarchy

Reaction score
Kauai: Hanalei Bay | Kilaeua Hawaii Hikes | Trails.com

I know you can't see much without registering, but I'm quite sure this is the one I did and it was awesome.
It's not far from where you'll be staying although I'm not sure if you can get there without having to go around the whole island.

Pat's Taqueria, just a small but popular taco stand, near the pier in Hanalei is run by my cousin's partner (if they are still together) and is bitchin good.

Hawaii in general is supposed to be a breeze, but I've only done it yuppie style when I was like 14.

Have fun!
-Christopher

nepheron

Reaction score
Sweet! Thanks!

Kauai: Hanalei Bay | Kilaeua Hawaii Hikes | Trails.com

I know you can't see much without registering, but I'm quite sure this is the one I did and it was awesome.
It's not far from where you'll be staying although I'm not sure if you can get there without having to go around the whole island.

Pat's Taqueria, just a small but popular taco stand, near the pier in Hanalei is run by my cousin's partner (if they are still together) and is bitchin good.

Hawaii in general is supposed to be a breeze, but I've only done it yuppie style when I was like 14.

Have fun!
-Christopher

nepheron

Reaction score
Yeah, that's what i've heard about the whole ticket thing. Memorize a fake name and sosh number and hope they don't 'give you a ride back'.

What's at 8 mile?

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads