Just turned an adult, and now I have no idea what to do. | Squat the Planet

Just turned an adult, and now I have no idea what to do.

smalldudebigworld

Reaction score
I’m an eighteen year old trans guy. I’ve been traveling since my eighteenth birthday and made it to New Orleans and back. I’d like some friends in the community so message me and stuff.

Django

Reaction score
What's your interests in life?
Any craft that you like?
Sounds like joining a workshop or some sort of a course would be a good place for you to both be good at what you like (or find out that it sucks) and meet like minded people.

Maybe volunteer in your local LGBT club or whatever it's called..? In general, if you find a nice place to volunteer im sure you will benefit from the social aspect of it and of course from actually helping others.

18 is a very early age and you got plenty of time to explore yourself and the world.
Me personally, I like travelling so if you're into it, just stick your thumb up and go all the way to Panama ;) after Panama you need a boat.

All of these are just general ideas.. I hate to see young lost souls out there who are just angry at the world arround them. It's a pretty dope place, just find what makes you feel good, ok friend?

You found a great online community here. Many lads with good advices.
Take care

smalldudebigworld

Reaction score
What's your interests in life?
Any craft that you like?
Sounds like joining a workshop or some sort of a course would be a good place for you to both be good at what you like (or find out that it sucks) and meet like minded people.

Maybe volunteer in your local LGBT club or whatever it's called..? In general, if you find a nice place to volunteer im sure you will benefit from the social aspect of it and of course from actually helping others.

18 is a very early age and you got plenty of time to explore yourself and the world.
Me personally, I like travelling so if you're into it, just stick your thumb up and go all the way to Panama ;) after Panama you need a boat.

All of these are just general ideas.. I hate to see young lost souls out there who are just angry at the world arround them. It's a pretty dope place, just find what makes you feel good, ok friend?

You found a great online community here. Many lads with good advices.
Take care
Thank you for the advice! I think I’ll try traveling some more.. always wanted to go to Cali lol

Reactions: Maxnomad

roughdraft

Reaction score
i would say 'fuck California, Oregon is where it's at' but of course it's not that simple...but yeh go to Oregon

I think having yr ideas of what is an amazing place shattered is an essential part of beginning to travel no? "Disappointment does not exist without expectation" *California* is a fantasy but California is alright

Django

Reaction score
Also, I thought it might be helpful.
As a traveller you have your tool kit. It may consist your very basics, such as your thumb to hitchhike or your clothes to survive certain weather.

I recommend that besides carrying some sort of a sleeping system (tent/bivy/tarp... Whatever you feel like!) You also would like to consider these websites:
Couchsurfing
HelpX
Workaway
Wwoofing

Didn't mention craiglists, but hey. I just did!

The later three can allow you to stay in a place and work for your accommodation. It's good for a medium length of stay. Can be 2 weeks, might be two months,
But the point is that you basically volunteer, therefore you can leave at anytime, and you don't have to commit for a long period of time.
Benefit over Couchsurfing, Is that you actually gain your meal and stay. Couchsurfing is great too, but usually you are expected to leave after a few days.

Now, in my opinion, having these tools allow you a longer trip, cause you combine the ultimate freedom of being along on the road with your tent, but when you feel like saddle down for a week or two, you can do some farm work or housekeeping in a hostel.
Couchsurfing allows you to only have one night and go on with your journey.

I don't know you or your preferences, but I would be very careful about having someone travelling with me. You might meet a person that you think is awesome and you'll have a blast travel together, but in many cases, having another human being with you, means you have to consider their wills and thoughts. Only staying a few days/weeks allows you to interact, if you feel like, but still you keep to yourself. That's what I feel comfortable with at least..

Let us know how your journey goes!
Django 😎

Reactions: smalldudebigworld

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads