Just started Lyft (1 Viewer)

Click here to buy one of our amazing custom bandanas!

Moonbaby

Current Location
New Jersey
It’s gets to be a drag sooner or later but every jobs does.
My (unsolicited) advice is know where you’re restrooms are ! I’ve pissed on the side of the road more times than I can count since I’ve been doing lyft and in bottles. Prefer a bathroom.
In the hood there’s usually a code or they have to buzz you in.
The 24hr places are gas stations and 7 /11 s
Or your regional equivalent.
I buy my own baby wipes because I never want to count on what may or may not be in there.
Also if you can smell yourself that means they can also smell you.
I would smoke weed in my car and people would make a comment about the smell so i stopped doing that.
I have two battery pack things to charge my phone faster. If my phone dies while I’m working
I can’t really work can I?
Also you can keep your receipts for tax day. Food /gas/maintenance etc. or don’t!

I don’t like talking so I always have a headphone in. I have noticed if the person with me wants to talk
And I make the best conversation I can it usually leads to a tip.
Also People don’t Tip as often as you would think ! Which is infuriating but whatever. Each his own.
I know this might not be the first thing that comes to mind when driving lyft (it certainly wasn’t mine) but customer service plays a big part. I’ve definitely gotten better at that lol.

Also the App sucks ! It has sent me to the wrong address to many times to count !
And people will be mad about it even if it’s not your fault but like I said customer service.

Also if you want to be a little shit like me
You can block the lyft number.
So when people are like I called you 17 times why didn’t you pick up I can show them the phone and say never got em and that nullifies there annoyance.
Why do I block the number you ask ? Because
For whatever reason people are dicks right away
On the phone if they can’t find you at the location.
I could be parked one house over to get out of the road and them give me shit for it !
Don’t want to hear it.
Happened enough where I wanted to be the person to call them first. Which I do.
Communication is very important.
If you’re having a bad day don’t take it out on them. The few times I’ve been snappy it was because I was in a bad mood and I felt bad afterwards because I knew it wasnt warranted and it was a mean thing to do.

Get use to people talking shit about you in the back seat. I have my headphone in and pretend not to hear !
Prepare for people to ask you to stop without adding a stop In the app ! Which if you think about
Takes money out of our pockets !
If you drive in a crime filled area expect at least some customers to use you to buy drugs !
I’ve done that a few times.
You go pick up the person and then the ride begins.
People who are going to cop weed or
Have LOTS of drugs in my car and are talking about it casually are just trying to get to their destination like anyone else.

The worst have been drunk people.
I’d rather take someone to buy weed then deal with drunk people. They just want there weed and that’s it. I understand that.
Sometimes Drunk people want to stop at a fast food place on the way and I oblige if I can and hope they tip(usually don’t).
Also drunk young people with money are the worst. I had this girl in my front seat chugging a bottle of vodka right next to me and I just drove faster to get them to the destination.
It’s usually at night and I don’t want to start shit with drunk over privileged assholes !
Only was pulled over once and it was obvious that it was because the guy in the back was black ! Officer asked him more questions than he asked me ! Fucking bitch.
Stay within the speed limit. Helps not getting pulled over. I’ve never had a person ask me to drive faster.
I’ve had people ask me if they can smoke in my car and I say no. Some offer me money to smoke in the car and I stick to my guns.
Also some people will litter and lower their windows and just throw out their trash.
So that’s infuriating but I put my customer services voice on and just ask them not to do that again and if they have any trash to hand it to me.
I give unruly people 1 star because i don’t want another driver to have to deal with it .
One time this person asked me use my phone to hit up her heroin dealer cause she didn’t have a phone.
I made sure to put it on airplane mode so it looked like no one texted back and dropped her off and gave her that one star.
Feel free to write in that little text box why you’re giving them a one star.
Every person who has drank in my car or done drugs (snorting coke in the back)
I give a one star and I put that they were drinking or doing drugs and I usually get an email form lyft saying “ thanks for bringing this to our attention. We will make sure this doesn’t etc “

Keep an extra headlight bulb if you want.
To avoid getting pulled over and to avoid ending your night early.

And if I think about anymore
Maybe I’ll make another post
But I have to go LYFT
Stay safe out there

SlankyLanky

stp user voted "the friendliest mod"
Staff member
Current Location
richmond virginia, the east coasts portland.
@Moonbaby I am definitely due for some karma from having been that drunk person in lyft/uber countless times years ago, thank you for clarifying that it is indeed not kosher to request the driver to pull over multiple times in a one way trip because of my baby bladder and my need to "paint this on ramp yellow real quick" or "hey I know you wouldn't of picked us up if we said anything but yes that smell is indeed shit and no it's not on the bottom of my boots. Sorry"

Moonbaby

Current Location
New Jersey
@Moonbaby I am definitely due for some karma from having been that drunk person in lyft/uber countless times years ago, thank you for clarifying that it is indeed not kosher to request the driver to pull over multiple times in a one way trip because of my baby bladder and my need to "paint this on ramp yellow real quick" or "hey I know you wouldn't of picked us up if we said anything but yes that smell is indeed shit and no it's not on the bottom of my boots. Sorry"
I think I’m living in my own karma from being a drunk disruptive person myself
Since my job involves driving around drunk disruptive people.
Thank goodness I’ve stopped drinking.
Now I’m just an asshole sober

OP
Pdog

Pdog

Lurker
Current Location
Los Angeles
I make 580. I drove all day sat sun and mon. I put 700 miles on my car. Its chill amd i like it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$100.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $50.00 of $50.00 - reached!
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $75.00 of $75.00 - reached!
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $100.00 of $100.00 - reached!
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $100.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

nearly got arrested this morning for graffiti crime! I wrote"nice toilet, five stars will shit here again" and this fucking KID who looked like a fucking boy scout wanted to arrest me !?!?!?!?!?!? did I get that drunk I woke up in north korea this morning ?
I regret to announce that I will no longer be associating myself with squat the planet due to a very deep and nuanced personal disagreement and subsequent disrespect. If you would like to get the full story, feel free to contact me directly. I will still be hosting this year's annual party as i have for the past four years.
Happy :) 8 more days till my babe is out <3
2800 k this past week or so on teh vespa!ODIN give me a medal !
Scooped up some dirty kids from the USA at walmart. Glad we caught ya's and had some time to party before you headed out. Safe travels Sasha and Meaghan! You're fucking awesome!
Lovely, and greasy... duh
Turns out, @Rhubarb Dwyer is even more handsome in person.
Watch out Australia! Tay is flying in on the 24th!
It only took three cities over three different time zones, but I finally got to meet up with @IVth. And, lemme tell ya, it was worth every mile. What a mensch!