Banned @junkpolecat99 banned for trolling, racism, harassing users (1 Viewer)

SlankyLanky

stp user voted "the friendliest mod"
Staff member
Current Location
richmond virginia, the east coasts portland.
Banned Member: junkpolecat99
Reason for Ban: harassment, flaming/trolling, racist comments

he started off posting highly off topic things in a thread about rape some of which have been removed but the thread is still open: https://squattheplanet.com/threads/lets-talk-about-rape.34807/#post-253238 he then went on to make a racist comment in chat and left some comments on @Geraldo 's profile which i have removed from public view and derailed @siid 's photo thread with video links and comments about how he was attracted to her.

i took the time to send him a private message telling him to cut the shit and suggested that maybe he sleep it off since it seemed like he was high out of his mind.

he then made a new account (@SadnessAngerRegret) because his account had a 30 day mute on it for the things he posted in the rape thread and comments on @Geraldo 's profile which i removed and gave him a 3rd point for creating multiple accounts to try to get around his 30 day mute. on a different website he found @Tude and sent her a message admitting to harassing at least one member and felt he had been punished because of a personal issue. i included some screen shots of his comment in chat, the private conversation i had with him, and his message that was sent to @Tude from another website. i hope this clears up any questions as to why this person has been banned.

Screen Shot 2018-05-02 at 10.41.16 PM.png Screenshot (1).png Screenshot (4).png Screenshot (5).png Screenshot (6).png

Last edited by a moderator:
We sell all kinds of other stuff in our Etsy store!

highwayman

Emperor of the North Pole
Lifetime Supporter
Current Location
Mostly in New Bedford, Mass when home.
My 2 cents. He had responded to me and posted some thought son my status about being Sober, celibate & Nonviolent. He then mentioned that he had gone to AA twice & didnt make any friends there & or that it didnt work for him. He mentioned, shelving anger towards his roomate that he felt had wronged him & or disrespected him. Sensing some lingering pain that was manifesting itself as anger & violence; a classic cycle of addiction playing out everywhere. This obviously spilled over into his virtual worls . Theres a saying that "where ever we go, there we are" meaning that no geographical cure can treat us since we are the underlying problem. He may suffer from mental illness, alcoholism, drug addiction & most likely the underlying root causes are emotionally based. He balked at any suggestion to spirituality as being anything tangible or real; yet seems to be living in pure hell. For me; I had to try anything to try to break my miserable cycles.

So, he asked me to text him. So I did. I started to write about how I do what I do. not the why as I think he already knows the why; otherwise he wouldnt have asked to talk/text. I tried to share my experience, strength & hope; outlying how I evolved from a hopeless state, crippled by fear, riddled with anxiety & resentment, repressed anger, abandonment, judgement & loneliness. I even tried to warn him about escalating being muted as that is surely the road to banishment. I had suggested to simply accept that he had violated the rules & regardless if humor, sarcasm or otherwise was implied; that the internet & texting does little to convey these without feeling like subliminal malice. I may have even suggested to just lay low, accept culpability and try to change. I had said that many of us have violated the rules, stepped on the toes of others & or even gone as far to create a new account. if It had gotten to that point. Knowing humans being creatures of habit; it is no suprise that even when many create multiple accounts that they still retain their same flavor. Usually those past resentments are still fresh & relevant to them. often times they simply rekindle the flame from a forgotten ember; arriving at the same outcome as before.

On a whim I figured I would look him up in the den of the Banned. After reading his response posts I started seeing a pattern that perhaps only I would understand. The off topic videos/post & posts could have actually been directed at me. Now, I didnt really know him or interact much with him on STP but I did spend 20 minutes writing via text message. Apparently he must have thought that I was somehow following him on STP & or reading his content. I got better things to do than to seek out minions or gurus in this world & truly was just trying to help someone who identified as being sick & suffering. Perhaps this situation & or something I wrote might help him??? I dunno but if he was that against my message, why PM me & or text? Why would someone corresponding in a text, go as far to implode in an unrelated thread due to a disagreement & resentment with another user? This virtual pouting is clearly passive aggressive behavior and no different than repressing feelings from conflicts in his real life with his roommates. By saying that I didn't do anything for fear of committing violence could be some sort of growth or perhaps an ongoing psychological coping mechanism to justify his actions.

it seems odd that the bulk of my texts to him were of a spiritual nature. As AA is spiritually based (not religious) I simply related how something I didnt believe or trust was working in my life. I mentioned how I would not change a single thing in my life today. I do live a spiritual existence today. I pray, I meditate, I contemplate. How when I see my part in a negative situation I try to not repeat it & or remedy it with an amends. Wouldnt you know that I have started rocking a viking manbun/ ponytail to keep my hair out of my eyes & those two sardonic videos which had absolutely NO relevance in that thread seems to be relevant to me. I am unsure why he didnt just respond in text, stating that I was full of shit & a spiritual hippy wingnut. Then again, he may not be able to express himself in a healthy way that requires honesty & confronattion, yet.

I wish him good luck & suggest that he wait for the pool to fill with water first, before diving into the deep end. Self sabotage sucks!

roughdraft

~
Lifetime Supporter
Current Location
maryland
nothing to say about traveling, everything to say about his emotional baggage.

not the right forum

edit: apologies to @Hazardoussix6six amd anyone else if this comment came across as insensitive. i do wish the guy well, just pointing out that this is not the correct place for his level of need...

Last edited:

Juan Derlust

Resident itinerant paradoxymoron
StP Supporter
Current Location
in medias res
I find it fascinating how individuals often resent being called out or asked to follow simple rules of civility - like acting out in public is a natural right.
I'm no saint, but I try to listen when I'm the subject of a complaint.

OP
SlankyLanky

SlankyLanky

Staff member
Current Location
I find it fascinating how individuals often resent being called out or asked to follow simple rules of civility - like acting out in public is a natural right.
I'm no saint, but I try to listen when I'm the subject of a complaint.
youd be surprised how often points are given out after someones been asked nicely more then once to stop behaving the way they are and how that snowballs into a ban. with this new section to the site itll become alot more clear to everyone that people arnt just banned for no reason.

Juan Derlust

Resident itinerant paradoxymoron
StP Supporter
Current Location
in medias res
Sadly, I'm not surprised - but I'm old & more overdone than half-baked nowadays.
I'd love if everyone participating here realized it's NEVER anything goes - anywhere, ever... Hats off to all you who endeavor to moderate this bunch - blessed be the harm reducers!

Coywolf

Mastering the Art of Houselessness
Current Location
Utah
Website
www.youtube.com
That guy has made some reaaallllyy weird comments since he has been here, off the wall, off topic, I thought he was on some drugs or 5150 or something....

I can see he finally pushed the limit.

My 2 cents, @SlankyLanky , the way you called him out for being on drugs may have been a little much.

He may actually be dealing with addiction or psychological issues of some kind, and I don't think calling someone out for that is the best way to express the fact they are being less than personable, and may make them even worse off.

Don't get me wrong, guy was a dick, but there may be a underlying issue with the cause of that.

Yet again. Not defending him. Good call on the ban.

OP
SlankyLanky

SlankyLanky

Staff member
Current Location
@Coywolf i appreciate the feedback man. i dont doubt that hes dealing with addiction or other issues, but i thought the way i brought up him acting like he was on drugs was pretty polite. it seemed kinda silly to ask him if he was having a bad night or if he need somebody to talk to after he had already crossed a few lines harassing other people.

i think most of us are pretty aware that mental health is super important and like most other users i try to be understanding and supportive but in this case i dont regret the way i handled anything i think i gave the guy every chance to back off but he didnt.

quad8

Nowhere bound...
Current Location
Brunswick, Georgia
It's really difficult to throw a red flag on a loose cannon, and it can be even more difficult to throw a red flag toward someone with a harsh social background, especially from what I read. I know bad behavior will not be tolerated, but I pray that junkpolecat99 gets the help he needs. If he comes back, cool. If he can't, it's all understood.

OP
SlankyLanky

SlankyLanky

Staff member
Current Location
It's really difficult to throw a red flag on a loose cannon, and it can be even more difficult to throw a red flag toward someone with a harsh social background, especially from what I read. I know bad behavior will not be tolerated, but I pray that junkpolecat99 gets the help he needs. If he comes back, cool. If he can't, it's all understood.
i hope he gets help if thats what he needs too, i dont have any personal problems with him (i hope that was made clear) but if he comes back to stp his new account will be banned.

Desperado Deluxe

I've been muted for 30 days.
muted
Current Location
51-59 W Nevada Pl, Denver, CO 80209, USA
@Coywolf i appreciate the feedback man. i dont doubt that hes dealing with addiction or other issues, but i thought the way i brought up him acting like he was on drugs was pretty polite. it seemed kinda silly to ask him if he was having a bad night or if he need somebody to talk to after he had already crossed a few lines harassing other people.

i think most of us are pretty aware that mental health is super important and like most other users i try to be understanding and supportive but in this case i dont regret the way i handled anything i think i gave the guy every chance to back off but he didnt.
its actually not cool to just throw "your on drugs" at someone especially if they're suffering from mental illness. because your just devaluing them inevitably pissing them off and contributing to their illness. its probably the last thing youd want to hear if your suffering like that. unless they are in fact on drugs and thats a problem theyre going to have to deal with..
a lot of times mental illness is inflicted on people by others without that person knowing how or why its happening to them. just look at the whole psychology medical industry and how fucked up it is.

Last edited:
OP
SlankyLanky

SlankyLanky

Staff member
Current Location
its actually not cool to just throw "your on drugs" at someone especially if they're suffering from mental illness. because your just devaluing them inevitably pissing them off and contributing to their illness. its probably the last thing youd want to hear if your suffering like that. unless they are in fact on drugs and thats a problem theyre going to have to deal with..
a lot of times mental illness is inflicted on people by others without that person knowing how or why its happening to them. just look at the whole psychology medical industry and how fucked up it is.
did you not see the screen shot where he admits to being on drugs?

Desperado Deluxe

I've been muted for 30 days.
muted
Current Location
51-59 W Nevada Pl, Denver, CO 80209, USA
did you not see the screen shot where he admits to being on drugs?
I don't consider marijuana to be a hard drug. Chances are he's using that because he's depressed. Shit thats a lot better than pharmaceuticals or alcohol.
I don't like or appreciate his behaviour either he needs to get his shit straight. Actually kinda glad he got banned. But the reality is ppl got issues and they need help and just outright pointing the finger at them isn't always the answer.
I thought your comment was insensitive when I first read it thats all.

OP
SlankyLanky

SlankyLanky

Staff member
Current Location
I don't consider marijuana to be a hard drug. Chances are he's using that because he's depressed. Shit thats a lot better than pharmaceuticals or alcohol.
I don't like or appreciate his behaviour either he needs to get his shit straight. Actually kinda glad he got banned. But the reality is ppl got issues and they need help and just outright pointing the finger at them isn't always the answer.
I thought your comment was insensitive when I first read it thats all.
thanks for the feedback.

Dameon

Wanderer
Current Location
Northern California
I dunno, I've been told "you're drunk, go to bed," and I don't get upset about it, even when I'm drunk. Adults should be able to be told that they're too unsober to be participating in something and not flip out about it.

Drengor

Pilgrim
Current Location
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
because your just devaluing them inevitably pissing them off and contributing to their illness
If I can jump in on this: whether or not the person feels devalued from these kinds of inquiries, the purpose of them is to suss out the current situation and work towards solutions. Sometimes life hurts and working through shit is tough, but I'd never value my emotions above my physical wellbeing and my place in the world. Not a reason to insult people, but sound reasoning to speak up respectfully if you see something wrong.

I'm glad to have read a lot from @junkpolecat99. I'll miss his better posts. Thanks @SlankyLanky for the vigilance!

highwayman

Emperor of the North Pole
Lifetime Supporter
Current Location
Mostly in New Bedford, Mass when home.
inevitably pissing them off and contributing to their illness
As far as personal responsibility; NO BODY can contribute to my illness. That is like blaming someone else for my addictions/afflictions. If I can blame others than psychologically I am off the hook. I wont need to take responsibility & or change. I will never seek help. I will never surrender self. When someone is a self identified drug addict,alcoholic with violence & anger issues and their life sucks, they have already partially disclosed that they want it to change for the better. Actually reaching out for & accepting suggestions & or treatment are solely his responsibility. Just as the actions, attitudes & conflicts that arise from anyone are solely their fault. Blaming & justifying negative behaviors is what keeps the cycle repeating. I have zero empathy for those who have a shitty life that they have chartered. If they are the captain of such a vessel through life, yet blaming others for the course, obstacles & conflicts that we subconsciously create. How often do we all add fuel to fires instead of rationally dealing with them. Almost all of the bulk of my part of our private dialogues was centered around him surrendering to his angry, dissolute, sick & suffering "self". By first seeking sobriety & then admitting that it is not the booze, drugs, other people being mean & disrespectful or any of his past. The problem exists purely in the mind of whom ever is suffering. Breaking the cycle is important & regardless of how someone gets to that breaking point; its important.

That small space between the ears that is crippled by fear, anxiety, pain & loss & all of the broken coping skills that do not work to improve & or prevent recurring situations. Finding a place when one can accept total defeat can be the catalyst for change. Surrendering can be a stepping stone to sobriety. Sobriety can lead to outside medical/mental help.

(IMO) This is all a cry for help, fueled by chemicals & untreated mental illness. I am sure he is reading all of this & seething how all of us self righteous & judgmental people are discussing him & all of his issues. I am sure that he assumes that we do not know him. I am sure that in his mind, he is the only sane person & the rest of the world is wrong, against him. We all misunderstand him & his life. Guess what? We have all had the shit fairy land on us sprinkling the excrement of life on us. We all have a story, a past & flaws. I hope that he does not think that we do not care. Devoting this much effort to an unknown user online after they shit all over our community while ignoring some basic website morals that mirror much of society, should be proof. We are not the enemy. Our enemy is "self'! When we communicate honestly to others about what is going on, then determine to do something we are on our way to joy. If we love that stench of misery, then we will just go through life creating turmoil in our wake.

I really do wish him well. I personally hope to help & not hurt others today. I still fail miserably but I have charted a new course today. I can never hide my negative actions behind any excuse!!!! I cannot do horrendous things to others while under the influence of booze/drugs & not be responsible; I also do not get a pass if now knowing that I need medication, psychotherapy & or the connection to a peer fellowships, self help tools yet chose to not to do these things. Most often we put half the effort into something, then blame X,Y,Z for something not working. The only something that is broken is within "us". If I know what works yet choose to live a bad life, I am guaranteed to get plenty more bad results, situations & isolated loneliness, incarceration, commitment in sanitariums & eventually death.

I cannot stress enough how much my whole life has improved by simply getting out of the way some. I am not some sidewalk preacher. I am a one time violent drunk/addict, a thief, cheat & a liar with some mental illness that surrendered because it just didn't work anymore. My best thinking made me hate everyone, hate myself & wanting to die. i had to come to terms with that then & remind myself today that I still have remnants of that past. I try to live a different way, today. Speaking honestly about these root causes & sharing with others helps me shed my past. My life is without any regrets today; there is nothing I want to today beyond trying to keep what I have & being able to continue to accept change if otherwise.

I know that misery loves company today but so does recovery. Knowing this, we never have to be alone again but it is up to us if we are seeking misery or recovery.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $50.00 of $50.00 - reached!
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $70.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $70.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $70.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

Turns out, @Rhubarb Dwyer is even more handsome in person.
Watch out Australia! Tay is flying in on the 24th!
It only took three cities over three different time zones, but I finally got to meet up with @IVth. And, lemme tell ya, it was worth every mile. What a mensch!
dumpsternavel wrote on Erinn Oface's profile.
I wanna see more of your arrrrttttttt
I made it to dayton with time to spare, i went belen/kc(for supplies)/chicago(i got robbed)/indy/dayton. Besides getting robbed in chicago the trip has been great, quick trains good kickdowns and a nice 2 ride hitchhike to dayton.
io2286 wrote on coolusername123's profile.
Hobosexual- someone who has a relationship to get a place to stay
Happy friday the 13th!
Hmu or send something my way
Cheers!
It takes forever to do profiles via smartphone.. I'll fill this out on a laptop later.. me and my wife, Straps, recently moved from NC to central Ohio and are looking for like minded folks. Oldschool punk and metal etc is our tastes but not limited to. She does Vocals as well as I.. I also play bass. And am currently working on a demo. Think serial killer true crime punk.. not 'horror punk'.. true horror, yes.
*will update tonight
wheels are made for rollin/mules are made to pack/I never seen a sight that didnt look better lookin back

Staff online

Members online