Banned Juan Derlust banned for spamming the board with utter nonsense (1 Viewer)

MFB

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
@MFB a funny reaction isnt really convincing that yer not just here for the lulz and to waste peoples time.

Youv kinda backed yerself into a corner here by not knowing when to just shut up and let it go. My patience is all but gone when it comes to the nonsense. I think we have all been just about nice as we could possibly be. So what's the next move dude?
Homeboy!
It seems you are intent on backing me into a corner!

I dont know when to shut up? You mentioned me in your post and asked me a question. I responded to your question. And in doing so stated how I like this site. If I was here to waste peoples time I wouldnt have taken the time to compose that; or this response.

I'm confused why you take my funny reaction so personally,
Your post made me laugh! Thats all. It's a good thing, yea?
Why have them if we cant use them?
I'd love it if you rated my posts.

You seem to have an adversarial personality that results in this "us VS them" attitude on here.
Maybe that's just me. Regardless; as I've stated multiple times; I am grateful to all you guys for the site and more than happy to be a good boy and play by the rules. :)

As far as my next move....I dunnooo @SlankyLanky ......wanna be friends?
I bet if we PM'd a bit we could find some common ground and nerd out on things we like. :)

Click here to buy the Anarchist's Guide to Travel!

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Website
www.youtube.com
None of this is wasting my time...

I'm chosing to read it after all... and yea lets not start arguing free will.... fuck...

Even though I myself am fucked in my own life nowadays and not as smart as I used to be...

I'm still learning a lot about human behavior... on this internet as a proxy for REAL LIFE.

Sigh... I used to try think more when I posted here and all... over years personal life and shit made me a hell of a lot more jaded and whatever. So now I hang on and hope I can get back to my old self but for the most part try to enjoy expressing wacky ideas. *ufo... and other shit on here while once in a while attempting to make a decent post. Often not .. often... because laughter makes me feel life is worth it I try to be clever.

I understand that this website is the effort of those that have created it. Matt and all... I was even a mod for a little while if anyone remembers. Most of my efforts were there to delete spam accounts outa like packistan or india lol... trying to sell you something.

I don't disagree with a ban on someone that is pushing the envelope on annoying the hand that feeds them. Like MFB I would say I try to express my gratitude regardless of my bullshit life to those that keep this place going.

Yet... call it the comic in me... and I think that is what Juan might of been though I did not see what was going on that banned him. Call it the comic in me... if you want a safe space and I don't use that current culture term in any way sarcastic... there are times to be strong and there are times to seek shelter... well call it the comic in me... but the world is becoming way to SERIOUS.

And that is how we ended up with NUKES... or at least thats my theory.

Anyway... my brains hurtz. And Im just free flowing... hope I get a couple more neg ratings... I like the number 23.

roughdraft

RápidoCorrenLosCarrosRespletoLosRielesDFerrocarril
@Juan Derlust is a legitmately good friend of mine and several other people on here.

I get the administration didn't appreciate his blibbiby jibbidy so he kinda asked to get banned - but everybody else throwing dirt on a stranger's name is just kissin ass and oughta keep it to themselves.

coltsfoot

Rambler
Website
audiobookbay.nl
I wanna echo how much I appreciate Matt and everyone for the hard work they do, also the bullshit that they often have to put up with that we probs don't really see or are even aware of. And yea, it's your house, your rules. I think that's fair enough.

And I also believe in diversity. I personally feel that in any community there are people that can be annoying but that doesn't mean that they don't have a lot to contribute. This is a forum of misfits and weirdos after all. Juan spamming and stuff is not cool but I wonder if he could have been given a temporary ban? I thought temp bans were discussed at one point...

Brodiesel710

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Website
www.ebay.com
Thank you for clarifying he was trolling because of being "dissatisfied" with the content on stp despite not ever providing any content that was related to stp. That's uh, weird I guess. But right on.

Are you and @MFB also suffering from the same dissatisfaction here on stp or now that yer 3rd party member isnt around do you think maybe yall could try to cut down on the nonsense too?
Yes, in general, I'm dissatisfied 75% of the content here, I can't imagine your all that satisfied either. Grown men voluntarily fielding train hopping requests from teenagers and middle aged men all day? Maybe you could ask for a raise, oh wait STP generates NO income. And where's all the seasoned travelers? Oh that's right, most of them deleted their accounts...

I'm sure Matt is very aware that online forums are going by the wayside, giving way to social media app platforms which decentralize user comments and content, did somebody say NO MODS NO MASTERS? Yes I did!! You can nitpick and ban people for posting supposed "useless nonsense" all day but it's ultimately going to kill STP's reputation for being a place to gather and exchange meaningful content and enjoy themselves. Yay.

SlankyLanky

stp user voted "the friendliest mod"
Staff member
richmond virginia, the east coasts portland.
Yes, in general, I'm dissatisfied 75% of the content here, I can't imagine your all that satisfied either.
So yer response is to shitpost somewhere where you admittedly dont care for the content? Really? That's uh...sad.

oh wait STP generates NO income.
Stps income comes directly from users who donate. Like the money you yerself donated. So I dunno where this came from.

You can nitpick and ban people for posting supposed "useless nonsense" all day but it's ultimately going to kill STP's reputation for being a place to gather and exchange meaningful content and enjoy themselves.
Stps reputation is fine as far as I'm concerned. Nobody held a gun to yer head to join and as far as I know nobody is going to shit a brick if you left. I'm not trying to be rude it's just the truth. Stp will be just fine. There are plenty of seasoned travelers here, just because they dont talk or interact with you doesnt mean theres nobody here that knows their shit, that's just plain ridiculous to assume yea?

I feel like yer just not having a swell time here anymore, which is totally fine, yet more then welcome to kick rocks. I really dont know what else you expected. I'm not sure if you have realized by now but stp is not the only place where I'm familiar with how you act online Mike, you constantly throw temper tantrums in a certain mailing list that is indeed for the most part un moderated and allows you the freedom to act like a child that needs a nap. Grow up man, if you dont like it here right on. So...bye?

OTTERWOLF

Adult Dyslexic
StP Supporter
Grow up man, if you don't like it here right on. So...bye?

*I think what Bio is referring to is how the site is changing very rapidly over the past few months, and that's kind of an observation which I am noticing as well, hence why I tend to feel very out of place here now, as opposed to earlier this year, or say 2015 or 2010 for that matter [back when I was Earth...]

But I recognize that times do change, people change, generations see things differently as they change.... and in the end, I accept change as a way of life although I personally don't necessarily agree with it.

I've seen a few people get banned, and almost saw one person get banned very recently almost right off the bat who has since posted some very insightful material, not too mention he has most excellent taste in electric bass guitars.

Yes, Juan was out to lunch but other than eating up bytes of info I felt he was harmless and at times provided a much needed laugh in this sometimes hopeless time we are living in today.

I like STP
I like STP a lot and when I can, I give as generously as possible.
I like STP to the point where sometimes I truly feel that I offer nothing of value, but yet at the same time I want to very much be a part of this community.

But there was something about the 2010 STP that I really miss, maybe it's that - I might be saying this wrong - that sidebar where people could chat away all day and night to their hearts content [or not...] while at the same time keeping the forums more serious ??

I personally liked some of the threads here more recently that yes went off topic in some cases very off topic but at the same time contained honest good and yes insightful banter back and forth between the STP users.

But I can also see where perhaps it is necessary to cool things out for a bit when users go too out to lunch or where threads become no different than chats.... with just the 2 or 3 non stop replies back and forth.

I don't know the answer.
I personally would never go to Discord because that would take me away from this place here, although on the other hand if we had the ability to have that chat sidebar again, I'd probably chime in on there, I mean why not.

I can't remember now if back in 2010 the users could create their own posts but i know they could create their own photo albums if I am remembering correctly.

But anyhow, speaking of going off topic......

I love you all (((((hugs)))))

Anarchy Peace LOVE and Freedom
Big George + Loki the dog xoxoxoxoxo

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Website
www.youtube.com
omg.... everything you wrote is epic otter....

Grow up man, if you don't like it here right on. So...bye?

*I think what Bio is referring to is how the site is changing very rapidly over the past few months, and that's kind of an observation which I am noticing as well, hence why I tend to feel very out of place here now, as opposed to earlier this year, or say 2015 or 2010 for that matter [back when I was Earth...]

But I recognize that times do change, people change, generations see things differently as they change.... and in the end, I accept change as a way of life although I personally don't necessarily agree with it.

I've seen a few people get banned, and almost saw one person get banned very recently almost right off the bat who has since posted some very insightful material, not too mention he has most excellent taste in electric bass guitars.

Yes, Juan was out to lunch but other than eating up bytes of info I felt he was harmless and at times provided a much needed laugh in this sometimes hopeless time we are living in today.

I like STP
I like STP a lot and when I can, I give as generously as possible.
I like STP to the point where sometimes I truly feel that I offer nothing of value, but yet at the same time I want to very much be a part of this community.

But there was something about the 2010 STP that I really miss, maybe it's that - I might be saying this wrong - that sidebar where people could chat away all day and night to their hearts content [or not...] while at the same time keeping the forums more serious ??

I personally liked some of the threads here more recently that yes went off topic in some cases very off topic but at the same time contained honest good and yes insightful banter back and forth between the STP users.

But I can also see where perhaps it is necessary to cool things out for a bit when users go too out to lunch or where threads become no different than chats.... with just the 2 or 3 non stop replies back and forth.

I don't know the answer.
I personally would never go to Discord because that would take me away from this place here, although on the other hand if we had the ability to have that chat sidebar again, I'd probably chime in on there, I mean why not.

I can't remember now if back in 2010 the users could create their own posts but i know they could create their own photo albums if I am remembering correctly.

But anyhow, speaking of going off topic......

I love you all (((((hugs)))))

Anarchy Peace LOVE and Freedom
Big George + Loki the dog xoxoxoxoxo

Brodiesel710

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Website
www.ebay.com
So yer response is to shitpost somewhere where you admittedly dont care for the content? Really? That's uh...sad.

Stps income comes directly from users who donate. Like the money you yerself donated. So I dunno where this came from.

Stps reputation is fine as far as I'm concerned. Nobody held a gun to yer head to join and as far as I know nobody is going to shit a brick if you left. I'm not trying to be rude it's just the truth. Stp will be just fine. There are plenty of seasoned travelers here, just because they dont talk or interact with you doesnt mean theres nobody here that knows their shit, that's just plain ridiculous to assume yea?

I feel like yer just not having a swell time here anymore, which is totally fine, yet more then welcome to kick rocks. I really dont know what else you expected. I'm not sure if you have realized by now but stp is not the only place where I'm familiar with how you act online Mike, you constantly throw temper tantrums in a certain mailing list that is indeed for the most part un moderated and allows you the freedom to act like a child that needs a nap. Grow up man, if you dont like it here right on. So...bye?
$100/m to cover it's own expense is not drawing an income.

For seasoned travelers It's not an assumption really, I've studied the site all the way back to the beginning and have watched posting trends with users, "last seen" dates, posting patterns, account deletions, etc. It's disappointing, it could be so much better in terms of an online community, same with that other website your talking about.

Since when is constructive criticism mean shit posting/temper tantrum? I like it enough here theres still the %25 left over I enjoy.

SlankyLanky

Staff member
$100/m to cover it's own expense is not drawing an income.

For seasoned travelers It's not an assumption really, I've studied the site all the way back to the beginning and have watched posting trends with users, "last seen" dates, posting patterns, account deletions, etc. It's disappointing, it could be so much better in terms of an online community, same with that other website your talking about.

Since when is constructive criticism mean shit posting/temper tantrum? I like it enough here theres still the %25 left over I enjoy.
Id have to wholeheartedly disagree with the studies on members you have apparently done. But hey right on.

Thank you for voicing yer concerns and sharing yer opinions.

Theres a whole section of the website that's literally dedicated to sharing what you call constructive criticism. You can create yer own thread there and theres a good chance that yer ideas will be taken into consideration.

I sincerely hope this clears up any confusion as to what the den of the banned is here for. If you have ideas on how to make stp better that's fantastic and I look forward to hearing all about them.

Brodiesel710

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Website
www.ebay.com
Id have to wholeheartedly disagree with the studies on members you have apparently done. But hey right on.

Thank you for voicing yer concerns and sharing yer opinions.

Theres a whole section of the website that's literally dedicated to sharing what you call constructive criticism. You can create yer own thread there and theres a good chance that yer ideas will be taken into consideration.

I sincerely hope this clears up any confusion as to what the den of the banned is here for. If you have ideas on how to make stp better that's fantastic and I look forward to hearing all about them.
I think you meant to say "whole hardly."

SlankyLanky

Staff member
Its a joke from earlier this other guy said "whole hardly" and I corrected him to "whole heartedly" I thought slanky was was making fun of me.
This could not have proved my point any better. Not everyone here is in on yer jokes, or other peoples jokes. So making references to them in tottally unrelated posts is off topic and can at times be disruptive. Stp doesnt revolve around you dude, I really feel like I'm banging my head against a wall here giving you opportunity after opportunity to understand that.

Brodiesel710

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Website
www.ebay.com
This could not have proved my point any better. Not everyone here is in on yer jokes, or other peoples jokes. So making references to them in tottally unrelated posts is off topic and can at times be disruptive. Stp doesnt revolve around you dude, I really feel like I'm banging my head against a wall here giving you opportunity after opportunity to understand that.
Well the timing couldn't have been better!

MFB

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Let's face it, when you get banned from StP, threr's no place else to go.
This statement has been disproved.
You go to reddit and bitch about how you got banned. :)

Also, @allyncooper , I know your avatar is a young Jack Nicholson, but from what movie?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$25.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $25.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $25.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $25.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $25.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

Coronavirus, Murder hornets, race riots...level 6 jumanji starts tonight
Well spanged up enough for a greyhound dipping this thursday thx! For the help!
My account finally says "Hobo"
No one can tell me I didn't earn my skank
Anyone in Minneapolis at the protest, just got back here from Duluth
Will do these posts occasionally so family and friends know we are alive and well.
Currently: in Mariposa, CA, getting ready to head to Coulterville, CA.
Always sucks to see good ppl/new friends get back on that ironhorse after getting to hangout/know, be safe friends an stay in touch! @Koala @scutellaria, maxy, Henry an well. Wish I was enroute South with y'all!
I hate my fucking back. A combination of bank bullshit and now a strained or sprained back had kept me held up in Pennsylvania. Have a place to stay, but I'm pissed at life trying to keep me off the road!
Fuck it, I'm getting a bottle
Wheat2020 wrote on Matt Derrick's profile.
I'mma cut to the chase: You don't call me what I consider to be a slur or insult, and I won't call you names.
You say I should love myself and have more self-confidence. You've got it all wrong. I love myself plenty, and I know for a fact that I am capable of doing incredible things, both good and evil.
You say fake it till you make it. I'm too honest for that. Instead I will have faith in myself, and act accordingly.
These new rules for the train riding forum are ridiculous. I've been on here for 5 ish years.

Members online

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$25.00
Goal
$100.00

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Threads in last 24 hours
Messages in last 24 hours
Members in last 30 days
Latest member
llohnny