Joey - RIP

N

native

I deleted myself
never traveled with her, but her and her boyfriend chris were train hoppers. hung out with them 24/7 while they were living down here in Gainesville. we'd ride our bikes to punk shows chris ended up working in the same kitchen I worked in. Joey would come by the door of the kitchen and ask for food hahah she always loved sweet plantains. she was so beautiful and creative.

they both left cause they were having problems and shit, while they were traveling several months ago Joey (this gets extreme and sad) committed suicide. when I saw the post on facebook and thought it wasn't real until my friend seri told me it was true.

R.I.P Joey
you will always be remembered

Threads
Current Location
KCMO
Sorry to hear about your friend, suicide is fucking rough. Keep your head up homie. By the way i met seri in gainesville months ago. She was real cool and hope she is doing well.

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Staff member
Threads
Current Location
Rochester, NY
Sorry :( - I'm also going to adjust your title slightly to reference passing.

OP
OP
N

native

I deleted myself
Sorry to hear about your friend, suicide is fucking rough. Keep your head up homie. By the way i met seri in gainesville months ago. She was real cool and hope she is doing well.
thanks that's all I'm doing

yea shes awesome, and shes doing good

OmFish

Wanderer
Threads
Current Location
Newtown, Sydney, NSW, AUS
Dude I knew joey and their boyfriend, used to chill with them a bit in Tallahassee.
Joey was so fuckin fierce man, they started an infoshop and anarchist collective in Tallahassee called rotten collective, they created a harm reduction group to help recovering addicts.
Joey was such an inspiring person to be around and inspired so many ppl in the punk communities everywhere they went. Chris once told me that he wished he could be as true to a cause as joey was about EVERY cause they believed. He called joey a "champion for the oppressed" and I never heard a better way to describe joey in my life. I have never seen so many ppl come together after the loss of such an amazing person and joeys death still fucks with me every time I hop on a train cuz joey and Chris were the first ppl to bring me to a yard.
img_4567-jpg.39404_Joey - RIP_Obituaries_Squat the Planet_11:07 PM
img_4568-jpg.39405_Joey - RIP_Obituaries_Squat the Planet_11:07 PM

Rage in power, joey. I know Chris misses the shit outta you every day and you made him and a million others better ppl just by being so unapologetically YOU.