Joey - RIP (1 Viewer)

N

native

I deleted myself
never traveled with her, but her and her boyfriend chris were train hoppers. hung out with them 24/7 while they were living down here in Gainesville. we'd ride our bikes to punk shows chris ended up working in the same kitchen I worked in. Joey would come by the door of the kitchen and ask for food hahah she always loved sweet plantains. she was so beautiful and creative.

they both left cause they were having problems and shit, while they were traveling several months ago Joey (this gets extreme and sad) committed suicide. when I saw the post on facebook and thought it wasn't real until my friend seri told me it was true.

R.I.P Joey
you will always be remembered

Click here to buy one of our amazing custom bandanas!
Current Location
KCMO
Sorry to hear about your friend, suicide is fucking rough. Keep your head up homie. By the way i met seri in gainesville months ago. She was real cool and hope she is doing well.

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Staff member
Current Location
Rochester, NY
Sorry :( - I'm also going to adjust your title slightly to reference passing.

OP
N

native

I deleted myself
Sorry to hear about your friend, suicide is fucking rough. Keep your head up homie. By the way i met seri in gainesville months ago. She was real cool and hope she is doing well.
thanks that's all I'm doing

yea shes awesome, and shes doing good

OP
N

native

I deleted myself
thanks for all the love and caring mates

OmFish

Lurker
Current Location
Newtown, Sydney, NSW, AUS
Dude I knew joey and their boyfriend, used to chill with them a bit in Tallahassee.
Joey was so fuckin fierce man, they started an infoshop and anarchist collective in Tallahassee called rotten collective, they created a harm reduction group to help recovering addicts.
Joey was such an inspiring person to be around and inspired so many ppl in the punk communities everywhere they went. Chris once told me that he wished he could be as true to a cause as joey was about EVERY cause they believed. He called joey a "champion for the oppressed" and I never heard a better way to describe joey in my life. I have never seen so many ppl come together after the loss of such an amazing person and joeys death still fucks with me every time I hop on a train cuz joey and Chris were the first ppl to bring me to a yard.
img_4567-jpg.39404_Joey - RIP_Obituaries_Squat the Planet_11:07 PM
img_4568-jpg.39405_Joey - RIP_Obituaries_Squat the Planet_11:07 PM

Rage in power, joey. I know Chris misses the shit outta you every day and you made him and a million others better ppl just by being so unapologetically YOU.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$110.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $50.00 of $50.00 - reached!
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $75.00 of $75.00 - reached!
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $100.00 of $100.00 - reached!
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $110.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

Might head out again soon. Really missing the road. Currently in the Knoxville area
dumpsternavel wrote on AAAutin's profile.
Your cover photo is glory
We are moving the jamboree to New Orleans this year due to some personal disagreements between myself and the lead organizer of the slab city library. Details can be found on the Jambo information thread.
Fever in the funk house now
Fever in the funkhouse now
nearly got arrested this morning for graffiti crime! I wrote"nice toilet, five stars will shit here again" and this fucking KID who looked like a fucking boy scout wanted to arrest me !?!?!?!?!?!? did I get that drunk I woke up in north korea this morning ?
I regret to announce that I will no longer be associating myself with squat the planet due to a very deep and nuanced personal disagreement and subsequent disrespect. If you would like to get the full story, feel free to contact me directly. I will still be hosting this year's annual party as i have for the past four years.
Happy :) 8 more days till my babe is out <3

Members online