Video Joe Rogan Experience #1211 - Dr. Ben Goertzel on AI and decentralized open source systems

Matt Derrick

Nomadologist
Staff member
Admin
Threads
Reactions
Current Location
Walla Walla, WA
Website
youtube.com
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
While I went into this show thinking it was mostly going to be science talk (which i also enjoy) I was surprised how much the discussion went into anarchistic/democractic decentralized systems and how that might shape the future of so many things to come, including artificial intelligence, crypto-currencies, and even voting. I definitely agree with Dr Groetzel that these are probably our best of of avoiding authoritarian governments and corporations outright ruling technology and who that impacts. Anyways, it's an interesting discussion that I thought would be worth sharing here for anyone that might be interested in that kind of stuff.

Juan Derlust

Formerly 'palmazon'
Threads
Reactions
Current Location
Limbo
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
It's already happening, stp being a prime example - decentralization, that is. Not a huge Joe Rogan fan, but he's very thoughtful/insightful here - handicapped by my own bias... You might advise that it's 2.25 hrs, and you're gonna want to watch it all the way through. Dr. Ben Goertzel - fascinating figure.

Last edited:

Similar threads

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Donate to StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$50.00

Latest Status Updates

siid wrote on Juan Derlust's profile.
"You're never so drunk you'd eat a plate of shit someone offered you" so how would u say that in spanish ??
feeling very, very lost and very, very lonesome. I don't know if I want to slam Xanax bars and sleep, run, or just start screaming.
Woke up pulling into Amarillo with a frozen water jug now to make the Memphis run through Tulsa
Visiting San Diego for first time in 22 years!
Leo
Been spinning my wheels in Anchorage lately. Looked after some much needed dental work at UAA. Some of it had to be put off for a week as I was in the dental chair during the quake. That was some day...
Officially been back at the base for 2 weeks tomorrow. Somewhere along the way, I feel like I shifted to an alternate reality. Shit's just been a different kind of weird.
My stuff got stolen out of my work partner's car. Nothing I can't replace, but it's disheartening how desperate people will get.
booking fligths tomorrow for another month long road and rail trip around southwest usa... so done with winter !

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Threads in last 24 hours
Messages in last 24 hours
Members in last 30 days
Latest member
MagicBusArt