Jobs that will hire travelers?

PatAW

Current Location
The Road
Where and what are some good jobs to look into that will hire travelers. Need to get some work or my traveling days may have too come to a halt.

Maki40

Rambler
Current Location
Houston, tx
Website
m.youtube.com
You can find day labor with a temp agency or go to a home depot parking lot and make a sign that says need work. Look under craigslist gigs labor section for work or post under services seeking odd jobs. You can clean out garages, do yard work, and the more skills you have like painting, the more jobs you can do. Literally walk around and ask people if they know where to find work. Or, just get a regular job for a couple months and save money to do more traveling.

Matt Derrick

Nomadologist
Staff member
Admin
Current Location
Walla Walla, WA
Website
youtube.com
if you want people to respond to your question, it helps a lot if you use a descriptive thread title. i've changed your thread title (from just 'jobs' to 'Jobs that will hire travelers?') to be more descriptive.

to answer your question, first, use the search. there's a million of these threads already.

second, have a look at our resources section, namely, the job resources & making money section.

you should find a LOT of information there that will answer most of your questions.

Reactions: 1 person
OP
PatAW

PatAW

Current Location
The Road
Damn okay so it's hard to figure out how to post on this website. Anytime I do seems like someone says you posted wrong. Also anytime I post someone says theirs already a lot of information here on squat the planet. I'm asking about personal Experience. Places to go what states that can guarantee some sort of employment. Sorry if this comes off rude but if I ask a question I want answers not go look through the website.

Tengu91

Rambler
Current Location
Tusayan, AZ
Look into seasonal work. Resorts, lodges, national parks. In the past 10 months alone I've worked in:
Denali State Park, Alaska
Frisco, Colorado
Grand Canyon, Arizona

There's good money to be made, especially if you get a tipped position somewhere in front of house since seasonal gigs like that are usually vacation spots and people absolutely love spending money while on vacation.

And the forums are the easiest things in the world to navigate. You literally just scroll down and look at titles and read the descriptions of the threads until you find one that suits your needs. As for asking the question and expecting an answer, the forums are divided so you can ask the right question in the right place; I wouldn't ask a math question in a literature course.

Cam3J

Wayfarer
Current Location
Austin,TX
Look up temp agencies, more specifically "staff zone". Theyre rapidly expanding across the country. Drive you to and from work, same day pay, usually around $80/day. Ive worked for them in at least 10 different cities. Always good for 2 weeks of minimal effort in exchange for about $600 to put toward new gear, beer, and whatever else you wanna blow it on. A lot of people homebum those agencies too though. Met plenty people in Denver, Atlanta, Austin, Phoenix, etc that just do it for the beer and a motel room every night

OP
PatAW

PatAW

Current Location
The Road
When I go to post something i feel like i am posting it on the right forum. I clicked whatever one related to jobs. Squat the planted has pissed me off in the past but I would not react. Now I am all I'm asking is of people experiences and gigs that are guaranteed and if you have to pass a drug screen clean. I have debt that could land me in jail for sometime just looking for help. I am not looking for someone opinion on how to post in a forum. Thanks for the help to who helped
Safe travels.

Tengu91

Rambler
Current Location
Tusayan, AZ
Look up temp agencies, more specifically "staff zone". Theyre rapidly expanding across the country. Drive you to and from work, same day pay, usually around $80/day. Ive worked for them in at least 10 different cities. Always good for 2 weeks of minimal effort in exchange for about $600 to put toward new gear, beer, and whatever else you wanna blow it on. A lot of people homebum those agencies too though. Met plenty people in Denver, Atlanta, Austin, Phoenix, etc that just do it for the beer and a motel room every night
I've NEVER heard of Staff Zone but that's pretty legit! After my time in the Canyon is done I'm definitely looking into that. Sweet knowledge drop dude!

Reactions: 1 person

Cam3J

Wayfarer
Current Location
Austin,TX
My best advice is just show up first. If they tell you to be there at 530, get there at 430 an just chill and drink a coffee for an hour. Smoke a blunt, nobody cares. Theyre just employing functioning bodies. Good shit if youre traveling

Reactions: 3 people

Matt Derrick

Nomadologist
Staff member
Admin
Current Location
Walla Walla, WA
Website
youtube.com
Sorry if this comes off rude but if I ask a question I want answers not go look through the website.
so what you're saying is you're not willing to put in the work to find out what you need to know. so there's about 80% of your problem right there. we're not going to spoon feed you everything you want to know. life is work, get used to it.

OP
PatAW

PatAW

Current Location
The Road
So Mr Matt you run this website and your rude to the members. I said I dont want someone to tell me to go look through the website. Because I already have. Not that i was unwilling. You need someone to show you how to run your website I see why people leave. You should be doing nothing but helping not putting people down. It was a simple question that you motherfuckers wanted to start problems. Is it hard to answer someone's questions. Or do you just enjoy talking shit seems like you enjoy talking shit. Trust me buddy I know what life is about. You dont gotta tell me. Anything else you want to say or do you just ban people when they dont like the stuff you say too them.
Again thanks too the people who tried to be helpful and not talk crap or try to state some stupid opinion on how they would do something.

• Dislike
Reactions: BusGypsy

Cam3J

Wayfarer
Current Location
Austin,TX
Ill spoon feed you 20% only bc i know how hard of a dick it was when i first started travel. Like ^ said tho, figure the rest out for yourself though. Its just a small box of rain. Figure it out

Matt Derrick

Nomadologist
Staff member
Admin
Current Location
Walla Walla, WA
Website
youtube.com
So Mr Matt you run this website and your rude to the members. I said I dont want someone to tell me to go look through the website. Because I already have. Not that i was unwilling. You need someone to show you how to run your website I see why people leave. You should be doing nothing but helping not putting people down. It was a simple question that you motherfuckers wanted to start problems. Is it hard to answer someone's questions. Or do you just enjoy talking shit seems like you enjoy talking shit. Trust me buddy I know what life is about. You dont gotta tell me. Anything else you want to say or do you just ban people when they dont like the stuff you say too them.
Again thanks too the people who tried to be helpful and not talk crap or try to state some stupid opinion on how they would do something.
holy hell man, i literally laid down a bunch of links to jobs in my first response to your thread. when i changed your thread title, it was so you can get more people to click on it and get more answers to your question. i've been trying to help you but you can't even lift a finger to help yourself. if you can't do that then you're not going to find the information you're looking for here.

So Mr Matt you run this website and your rude to the members.
we're not facebook and it's not our job to bow to your every whim.

You need someone to show you how to run your website I see why people leave.
i've been running this website for almost 18 years now without your help, i think we'll be okay. you're the one acting like a jerk here.

Bro , youre acting like a bitch. Stop acting like a bitch.
yeah, that x10... geez some people are entitled as fuck.

OP
PatAW

PatAW

Current Location
The Road
Lol how did I know people would gang up on me. I'm acting like a bitch. No I'm stating facts. I have been on this website for awhile and when someone wants to insult me by saying they cant spoon feed me. You motherfuckers are all probably come from yuppie family's I'm out here no money no family to go back too. So no I'm acting like an adult who had a fucking question. A qustion for people who have worked odd jobs and where to find them. A bitch bro no I'm not a bitch. I'm pissed because I ask a qustion and I get bro you asked your question wrong like wtf. Be helpful or dont say shit. I've been nothing but nice and helpful to people on here but honestly this is some bs. I may not be back.

SlankyLanky

the friendliest mod
Staff member
Current Location
richmond virginia, the east coasts portland.
@PatAW I would like to issue you a formal apology for people helping you when you were to lazy to use the search bar. Judging from yer post history I personally would hate for a valued contributer like you to no longer use stp, so if you'd please accept my apology I would like to PayPal you some cash to make up for how harshly you were treated by people trying to help you when you are apparently unable to help yerself.

Reactions: 3 people