Jimmy - Vagabond Communard

Jimmylulz

Reaction score
Oi mates,

i'm kind of new on this community so I'm going to present myself.

Jimmy, 23 years old male from the island of Corsica. Well, thats just where i come from, i've been travelling all my life in fact, first w/ parents, then on my own in Europe (thks shengen :3). In Europe, I was going from squat to squat, from communes to communes, etc.

I came to Canada for studies and then work, thing is that i cant fit in that shit and I need to get back on the road for a long time, fast. I should come back on roads between september and october, heading south/central america from Montreal/Vancouver.
I'm kind of beginner banjo player (5 string) but I got good teachers of music around me.
French native speaker, I'm kind of fluent in english (i think so), basic spanish knowledge that I need to practice again, and I understand Italian (I speak only some word tho)

I've got my best friend always around me, a goody street dog (husky/german sheperd), never got a problem with him, his name is D'Artagnan <3 For the small story, my 3 best friends and I decided to name our dogs after the 4 musketeers during our Europe tour. I was the last one to get my dog tho

I'm independant but I like to travel w/ peeps, especially musicians and long time travellers. I'm really sociable (and way more with some rhum, i've got that problem of sad sobriety haha).

I'm here to make some contacts, get infos on America (a continent i don't know much, I mostly travelled in other continent), get new tips since I'm travelling a bit more alone and without a van now.
Plus, I want to get in touch with the most communes and local groups on my way so I can help them and especially create/improve networks all around the world (communes, workers syndicates, antifa/anticap groups, etc.).

Here it is.

On the profile pic, ma doggo and me a year ago.

Thanks and see ya on the roads folks.

Rivers

Reaction score
You seem pretty cool dude, and I wish I had your travel experience! I'm new here too so I can't really offer much in the way of help but good luck to ya & your pup

Jimmylulz

Reaction score
You seem pretty cool dude, and I wish I had your travel experience! I'm new here too so I can't really offer much in the way of help but good luck to ya & your pup

Thks fella!
No one, in any domain, started w/ knowledge or experience. Just pack your bag and jump on the road. Find some road dawgs if you're insecure about the ideas of starting alone (in fact, thats the best thing to do), you'll get some experience really fast. The most usefull thing I can say ya is that DIY and contacts are your best friends.

dodi

Reaction score
Wow hello mate. I don't really know why, but I'm happy to see another french speaker on this forum. The power of habitude maybe ? Hey just curious, are you still in Europe at the moment ? (okay that's me missing Europe ^^)

Anyway, have a good time on the forum, and welcome !

Jimmylulz

Reaction score
Wow hello mate. I don't really know why, but I'm happy to see another french speaker on this forum. The power of habitude maybe ? Hey just curious, are you still in Europe at the moment ? (okay that's me missing Europe ^^)

Anyway, have a good time on the forum, and welcome !

Nah i'm currently in Montreal-Quebec, as i said i'm headin central america and then i should get abord a sailboat collectiv and go french polynesia/new caledonia, mb australia after that.

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Very cool welcome to STP! And great intro too! Love the new travel intinerary too.

Jimmy Beans

Bad Order Hoghead
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I like the cut of your jib. Never used that phrase before in my life but I feel like it's the only thing that conveys what I want to say without writing an essay like I usually do. Welcome, Jimmy. Think you might make it to the desert in southern California for the jamboree in mid October?

Jimmylulz

Reaction score
Think you might make it to the desert in southern California for the jamboree in mid October?

I just saw that yesterday by lurking the forum and dude, yeah, i'm really hyped for it since its on my road and timing. So if I don't have any problem in the meanwhile I should be there (May the busking's gods be on my side)!
And thks for the compliment fella!

Reactions: Jimmy Beans

landpirate

campervan untilising nomadic traveller
Reaction score
Ha your dog is called D'Artagnan and your friends have the three musketeers! This totally reminded me of a cartoon I used to watch as a kid called "Dogtanian and the three muskehounds". Heres the terrible theme tune from the 1980's. Sorry it's really awful but I couldn't resist.

Reactions: Jimmylulz

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads