Jamboree 2021 Discussion (1 Viewer)

Click here to buy the Anarchist's Guide to Travel!

Matt Derrick

Semi-retired traveler
Staff member
Admin
Website
youtube.com
i mean, quartzite is cool and all, but they already have three gatherings i can think of off the top of my head (RTR, skoolie gathering, jem and rock show, etc). if i had to guess i'd say we'll repeat our plans for cypress island (that we didn't get to do because of covid) in 2021.

highlander

In Vino Veritas
StP Supporter
Not sure what time of year you folks run things, but I would submit Knoxville. I would have listed Asheville, but it has become a police state there. The French Broad River flows thru there and into Grainger County. Kick ass floating, rafting, mini islands all over. Tons of NFS land along the river. And the rails in this section are fairly easy to navigate --- could even have a rail hopping clinic. ;) Temperature is moderate, spanging good, food stamps in a couple days. Unless right downtown the law leaves people alone. The U District is hella cool and mellow. Regardless, wherever it is would be nice to have some kind of rail junction close enough not to have to haul gear and buckets miles on a thumb bum and/or designate a pick up zone like the Rainbow family does. ;)

To that point, I used to do a lot of seed camps with the Family way back when. Anyone ever contemplate dovetailing a date to sync with a Regional like Ocala (hate FL just one I used to attend). Generally, food, water, etc. are already planned out there. Tons of camps all set up and you just hoist your flag for yours. Drawbacks are that all alcohol is in the front at A Camp.

Matt Derrick

Semi-retired traveler
Staff member
Admin
Website
youtube.com
the jamboree will be in washington state this year, specifically cypress island, just as we'd planned last year but couldn't do because of covid. i'll draw up an announcement thread here in the next few weeks.

TurboArmatron

first week of august this year.
Awesome, Punx In The Woods is not long afterwards. First weekend in September in the mountains in Wa. I can probably bus folks that want to go and host em in PDX for a couple weeks then bus up to PITW I'm getting a school bus in a few weeks here

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Awesome, Punx In The Woods is not long afterwards. First weekend in September in the mountains in Wa. I can probably bus folks that want to go and host em in PDX for a couple weeks then bus up to PITW I'm getting a school bus in a few weeks here
So just an FYI.... I had never heard of PITW and I looked it up, and because of covid and not having x amount of people at a gathering, they are doing it online this year.

TurboArmatron

So just an FYI.... I had never heard of PITW and I looked it up, and because of covid and not having x amount of people at a gathering, they are doing it online this year.
Last year was cancelled for covid but it's on, tentatively, depending on how things are looking when it gets closer. If it's not safe then absolutely it should not happen. You could be right though,there's been a bunch of conflicting information going around about the status of PITW 2021

TurboArmatron

Yeah I just checked your right, that's new information to me. That sucks but what you gonna do.

Users who are viewing this thread

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$25.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $25.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $25.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully this will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $25.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $25.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.