2022 Jamboree Jambo 2022 is August 9 thru 11 in the Umpqua National Forested (Oregon)

Threads with this prefix are related to the 2022 Jamboree.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Koala

sleeps 22 hours a day, eats chutes and leaves
Reaction score
Website
ciggybuttbrain.wordpress.com
42°56'20.1"N 122°25'21.9"W

Edit 8-7-22 Exact coordinates above ^^^^

Hey yall, you voted and we listened!

~ August 9 - 11 2022 ~

Matt is gonna scope spots soon but plan on central-southern Oregon near Umpqua Hot Springs or Prospect, OR along the Rogue River! We'll update with more location details soon and details for meeting up :) thanks to @Jerrell and @Scat for many beautiful location suggestions ♡

See yall soon 😍

Peace
One love
Koala

Last edited by a moderator:

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
I am heading into the Umpqua National Forest area on the 6th. General location will be near these coordinates:

43°17'59.7"N 122°23'09.1"W, (43.299906, -122.385847)

Exact coordinates will be posted here when I find us a camp site on the 6th.

Does anyone want me to bring anything in terms of food, drinks, booze, etc? I have a 10 gal water tank and plenty of solar power on my van, so we have that covered.

Reactions: Jerrell

Jerrell

Reaction score
I can pitch for stuff too since I'm working.

Jerrell

Reaction score
Do we have any clue on how many people are showing up yet?

I'm okay if it's just me, Matt, Koala, and Jimi, but more would be cool!

jimi

Reaction score
04B20BA6-1F21-4E05-AAE1-4573AD130539.jpeg

I threw this together super fast in case anyone wants something to share/post to your friends

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Wish I could make it, y'all. I was JUST up there, too! Just got back down to Utah again and have to start work again. Love that area of Oregon. Should be beautiful.

Have fun!

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
For those heading out there, I am currently on my way to the following two locations.

43°17'59.7"N 122°23'09.1"W

And

42°49'14.8"N 122°29'33.7"W

The first location might have a forest fire going on, hence the backup. I'm just outside of Eugene right now on my out there. Once I confirm a site I will post links and coordinates as a reply here and in the first post of the thread! You should all hear from me tomorrow (sunday)!

Reactions: jimi

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
I just slept at the first location last night.

Pretty nice, plenty of shade, plenty of room for parking, one neighbor in an rv. Decent verizon reception, no water access. Its a good candidate, but I'm going to check the second location since a river would be nice.

16598925379442731318277181372047.jpg

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
If anyone has a couple of gallons of extra gas they can bring that would be Stellar cuz I'm not sure where gas station is if at all and I'm down to half a tank so I'm not 100% sure I'll make it out too civilization. So I know to everyone, make sure to fill up your tank before you come out here!

jimi

Reaction score
If anyone has a couple of gallons of extra gas they can bring that would be Stellar cuz I'm not sure where gas station is if at all and I'm down to half a tank so I'm not 100% sure I'll make it out too civilization. So I know to everyone, make sure to fill up your tank before you come out here!

I don't have a gas jug rn, does anyone else?

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
OK, so there's no Verizon reception between the first location and the second. I'm using the WiFi at the local library in Prospect, OR.

There's a gas station here in Prospect, although its obviously expensive ($5.60), so I no longer need a jug.

The second location is better than the first, since its right on the river which looks awesome for swimming. Unfortunately the only camp sites I found were paid (15/night+7.50 per additional car) or kind of far from the river.

I'm on my way over to this third location:

Which is also on the river, although there are limited spots. I'll check back in here when I've looked it over and come back to the library to get back on the WiFi.

Reactions: jimi

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Found an awesome spot just a few hundred feet north of third location

42°56'20.1"N 122°25'21.9"W

I am going to race back there before someone else takes it, see you there!

Jerrell

Reaction score
It's not just Verizon.

I checked Freeroam and there's no signal out there for any of the 4 major networks. (Verizon, ATT, T-Mobile, Sprint)

Yay no interruptions!

• Haha
Reactions: Matt Derrick

Koala

sleeps 22 hours a day, eats chutes and leaves
Reaction score
Website
ciggybuttbrain.wordpress.com
I'm picking up Dillon (wtf is his username?) tomorrow and I'm bringing stuff for a pasta dinner and an egg and bagel breakfast. Vegan options also on deck ♡ also a kayak and a few tubes so we can chill in the river! can't wait to see yall! Look for me late tomorrow night or sometime Wednesday

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
@jimi and @will eee um got here last night, my only way to get online right now is to drive 12 miles down to the local library and use their WiFi. Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads