It's Matt's Day

Jimmy Beans

Bad Order Hoghead
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
His birthday isn't until the 16th of August. I believe the spirit of this post was more of a seniority date/anniversary type thing. Twelve years huh? Pretty good, pretty good. Glad you put in the effort and acquired the smarts to create this thing, I like it.

travelingheathen

Reaction score
Rubber on asphalt; or dirt, or grass or gravel...
So the 211 has taken the best of me:D. J Ryan you are spot on! Just showing my appreciation for the folks who have taken the effort and time to make a site like this a possibility. If I ever miss any "old timers" day it's due to my drunkenness; being strung out, or the simple "trying to survive". Fuckin' rock on!
Anyway thanks to Matt for use of the site. All on here should be doing the same. The gratitude and appreciation should be given.
What has become of respect? Perhaps I'm old school and should fade away... but the respect won't fade. I'm grateful for every morsel of knowledge I can consume.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
ha, thanks man, although the [USERGROUP=17]@Staff[/USERGROUP] do deserve some credit as well since i couldn't keep pushing new features without them handling the day to day stuff!

yeah, it's strange to think it's been 12 years since we moved to an official forum software. for reference though, i started stp in 2001 as a kind of blog (before there was a term for that) so it was around for a while before moving to a message board format. if you're curious, you can check out the old website (and i mean OLD) here:

https://squattheplanet.com/old

so yeah... going on almost 18 years... fucking crazy to think about :)

Reactions: Juan Derlust

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
:) hey old man ;) thanks for your patience and persistence to have the idea for this place! Awesome concept and quite the vehicle for traveling information!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads