It's about time | Squat the Planet

It's about time

balaperdida

Reaction score
Hey STP, Im finally doin it. Been years of working and paying the rents trying to jam myself into the mold of what is expected of me, dreaming daily to just drop it all wander the earth by any means necessary be it hoppin freight, hitchin rides, sleepin rough, eating scraps. After years of killing myself for other people all i have to show for it is a lack of willingness to continue on this way, and well, enough flow to get me backpacking through se asia and india for a few months. Spending time with travellers has opened my eyes to the possibilities of actually living a content life on my own terms. Just the thought of not waking up to the oppressive tone of the alarm and spending the day wandering and exploring with no deadlines brings me such peace I know this is what i must do. The names Dustin and I am fuckin fed up

ClashCityRkr

Reaction score
Hello Dustin! Fellow traveler-to-be myself. Welcome to STP! You're certainly in a great place for any kind of information you might need. Don't be afraid to reach out and ask questions! Good on you for breaking the mold. No one deserves to know you better than yourself! And as they say, fortune favors the bold!

Reactions: balaperdida

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Hey welcome to STP! And a great intro to btw. Lots of info here - do check out the destinations by region for the areas you are looking for as well as the equipment section. I know I've read of several people here traveling through the areas you are looking at. @MolotovMocktail

But also - if you are still around - we are having our big get together in mid-ish november at the Slabs (NIland CA) - there you can meet up with several other travelers. And there is a subforum just for this as well. :D

Crazy Hobo Johnny

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Welcome Dustin! I'm with you! I'm planning and working on giving everything up and travel by bike. Fed up with the Wisconsin winters along depressing weather. Working for nothing and paying illegal and unconstitutional taxes that does not benefit me at all. Tired of throwing rent money away when I can live in a tent for nothing! It's time to be free, life is too short! Good Luck!

balaperdida

Reaction score
Hey welcome to STP! And a great intro to btw. Lots of info here - do check out the destinations by region for the areas you are looking for as well as the equipment section. I know I've read of several people here traveling through the areas you are looking at. @MolotovMocktail

But also - if you are still around - we are having our big get together in mid-ish november at the Slabs (NIland CA) - there you can meet up with several other travelers. And there is a subforum just for this as well. :D
Nice, november sounds like a great time for the desert, if I am still around ill certainly head that way. There is such a wealth of information on this site, it is amazing. I could spend days cyberexploring

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads