It came from the south

blank

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Hola. Decided to cobble together a little trail to road vacation and someone I know linked me here in hopes I will read enough not to be eaten by tweakers and mountain lions. Just in the planning and saving phase now. Super boring.

Ivy Vines

Reaction score
Heyo! I'm in the same spot as you right now, lol. Finishing up my last year of high school before saving up, prepping, and heading out. Got a long way to go yet, but my maiden voyage looms ever closer with every day I sludge through.

This site is super useful for information and I've already learned a lot just surfing these forums! And, on top of that, the people are great.

Anyways, welcome to the forums!

BardoBard

Reaction score
Start small, especially for the youngin

Make some weekend trips, work up to a week here and there. So much shit goes wrong with gear and such, you'll save a lot of heartache by starting off on short noncomittal trips

Also, leave valid copies of your paperwork with trusted family (not "friends"), half the bums I know cant buy their own beer or apply for work because someone lifted their pack and papers with it.

The cleaner you look and smell, the easier it'll be to deal with society at large. I've worked jobs for months without anyone knowing that I was camped out in the woods, cops dont bother me, etc.

Last edited:

blank

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Way ahead of you. Lots of camping and periods of wandering around here and there, this is just the first time I decided to have a vague outline of a plan. But yeah, starting out probably just go hiking and camping a lot.

Reactions: Prophetess333

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads