Island community project | Squat the Planet

Island community project

RoadFlower33

Born Wild
StP Supporter
Reaction score
sounds awesome! is there some sort of info web page or something like that you can poste? I would really like to keep up on it in hopes of checking it out one day...

RoadFlower33

Born Wild
StP Supporter
Reaction score
I totally found the other post here and got the info I was looking for. thanx anyhow. this is a totally bad ass plan and I would be down as fuck but my passport is being held for reasons out of my control right now... :( maybe one day I can pay that shit off and make it that way.

Aleks Milenkovic

Reaction score
From the destination

Attachments

• E3EE201F-70B2-4394-BAFC-188F72EAD1CD.png
    E3EE201F-70B2-4394-BAFC-188F72EAD1CD.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 303
  • 4B9DE4F5-AF4C-43E1-98A9-7B2055B0C6C6.png
    4B9DE4F5-AF4C-43E1-98A9-7B2055B0C6C6.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 283

Aleks Milenkovic

Reaction score
I've got to import myself lol.
You're in England?
I can help import you if needed, yes I’m in uk, just outside of London atm and the boat is further up the Thames where she moors in Marlow, I will be starting this journey from the shires of England through London then through France and around Italy to the target

LazyMofo

Reaction score
This is an idea that I've had for a long time. When exactly are you expecting to get things rolling? and what would the weather be like on the island? would the winters get cold?

Aleks Milenkovic

Reaction score
Oh not unbearably cold, we aim to build solid warm homes. It’s a rapidly growing project. I aim to begin this journey next year in summer however. Today I received a compulsory purchase order for my land meaning I will have a lot more capitol for this project but my plans might be delayed, numbers in people are growing fast, i have 4 solid beds to offer on the first voyage

D

deleted user

I got a few years experience living in communes, intentional communities, and ecovillages. Something like this would be pretty cool. Would definitely like to get to know the people who were getting involved a bit better though. Do you have any solar equipment, or something like a satellite phone once on the island? Curious how off-the-grid this will be.

XlilyX

Reaction score
Website
hashbone.bandcamp.com
Perhaps make a list of the required materials/work for this to really happen? Then individuals would have a clearer idea as what they can contribute. Id dedicate a lot of effort and fundraising into this. Maybe we can make a group/tribe thing. This site now offers that, no?

Dameon

Reaction score
No offense, Aleks, but this seems so sketch and everybody getting involved should be careful, be sure you know exactly what you're getting into, and have an exit strategy. If you're getting on a stranger's boat for an ocean passage, things can go very weird very quick. You also don't want to be stranded on an undeveloped island you may legally be trespassing on, on the other side of the world from your native country, with no means to return. Do your research, have your passport, make sure people know exactly where you are and who you're with, and for god's sake, don't strand yourself on an undeveloped island with no communications, no doctor, and one guy with a boat for your only way out.

• Agree
Reactions: Jimmy Beans

findfoot

Reaction score
There is a project in motion to squat a group of islands off the coast of Croatia in the Mediterranean, to create a self sufficient free for all place to live

All are welcome for details

I saw your other post on this. When are you sailing over to Europe. Do you already have a route in mind? How many people do you need for crew? Where are you located now? Details.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads