Is this squat vacant

I

IBRRHOBO

I keep hearing a common theme in this area: how do I find out who owns the property I want to squat. Almost EVERY metro area has a GIS system. Below is the link to my area. Granted, I do foreclosure work; however, I have no special license to access the mapping. When u click the I Accept button, shift to the right and click the Search button. We'll use a random address: 5309 Martin Mill Pike. Below is the info that prints out. Do yourself a favor, though, and manually enter the info in the site, as it will give u a map and everything!

www.kgis.org/KnoxNetWhere/viewer.asp

The IMPORTANCE here is that if you're REALLY considering LONG TERM squatting, u need recon and intel data. Through these FREE systems it's as easy as 1-2-3!

5309 W MARTIN MILL PIKE - Property Map and Details Report
Parcel Information (last updated: 1/11/2009)

Location Address: 5309 W MARTIN MILL PIKE
CLT Map: 123
Insert: O
Group: A
Condo Letter:
Parcel: 015
Parcel ID: 123OA015
Parcel Type: NORMAL
District: D9
Ward:
Subdivision:
Recorded Acreage: 0.00
Calculated Acreage: 0.00
Recorded Plat:
Recorded Deed: 1577 - 475
Deed Type: DEED
Deed Date:

Address Information(last updated: 1/11/2009)

Site Address: 5309 W MARTIN MILL PIKE
KNOXVILLE - 37920
Address Type: RESIDENTIAL
Site Name:

Owner Information (last updated: 1/11/2009)

SMITH WARREN H & DONNA N
5309 MARTIN MILL PK
KNOXVILLE, TN 37920

Jurisdiction (last updated: 1/5/2008)

County: KNOX COUNTY
City / Township:
MPC Info (last updated: 10/25/2006)

Census Tract: 56.01
Planning Sector: South County
1990 Traffic Zone: 121
2000 Traffic Zone: 121
Please contact Knox County Metropolitan Planning Commission (MPC) at (865) 215-2500 if you have questions.

Political Districts (last updated: 1/5/2008)

Voting Precinct: 89 Mount Olive
Voting Location: Mt. Olive School
2507 MARYVILLE PIKE
TN State House: 17 Frank Nicely
TN State Senate: 6 Jamie Woodson
County Commission: 9 Mike Brown
Paul Pinkston
City Council:
School Board: 9 Robert Bratton

Elementary: MOORELAND HEIGHTS ELEMENTARY
Middle: SOUTH-DOYLE MIDDLE
High (2007): SOUTH-DOYLE HIGH
High (2008):

B

blackened1339

Yeah, I've been scoping places out with propertyshark.com. You can get most of the same info by searching by county, then address. You can only search 3 places a day for free, though.

bikegeek666

Reaction score
i'm curious, ibrr...here in oakland i've looked up some places with the county assessor only to find that the computer search returns no results of any kind whatsoever. what's your take on that?

I

IBRRHOBO

sometimes the property has been seized for tax delinquency. it is pending auction. if u go to the assessor's office and look up the roll it will tell u precisely whom owns it.

condemnedtodrift

Reaction score
Another way to get info is going to the county housing board & the office that keeps the deeds on file (I forget the proper name of the office). A friend & I went undercover as college students doing research on gentrification & homelessness. By the end of the day, we were sitting with the head of the housing department, and he gave us more info & contacts than any internet search ever could (types of property in specific areas that would be overlooked for years. Also some areas they were about to start prioritizing). We were lucky too. One of our top prospects was on the list for renovation. It's no fun waking up to an inspector and the police.

Man, it felt good to get out of those clean clothes afterwards.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads