is print dead?

pete bastard

Reaction score
a lot of us travel with a book or two. i tend to over do it with my pocket ref, boy scout hand book, atlas, edible plant guide, ect. but my questions is, what do you guys think about these ibooks like the kindle or the ipad?

seasonchange

Reaction score
i get sad when i hear about book store closings. i'm happy, however, to check their dumpsters in the weeks following.
i HAVE stopped lifting books, though. which is saying a lot. i'm willing to pay for books where i can afford to, and almost exclusively from local dealers.

Dmac

Reaction score
i perfer a book over an e-book. i still like to pick up a newspaper over finding news on the inernet.

Dmac

Reaction score
electronic things can always quit working a printed book will always work, even if it is wet.

rationale

Reaction score
Print is not yet dead, but is certainly dying, at least in the U.S. Much of what is tangible, what engages the senses, what has a unique quality, what is natural, is being replaced by the digital, artificial, humanity-destroying, non-tactile, and fake. We need to fix this. We might not be able to, in which case we are fucked as a species (for this reason amongst many others, of course). Not to mention the fact that we are discussing this on the internet. If even anti-establishment folks who value print and the natural world are using the internet on a regular basis (using the internet to talk about the death of print - ironic eh?), then how much hope is there really? That's my positive, up-beat post for the day. All the best.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads