Is it hard to get a medical marijuana card in CA?

daydreamer

Reaction score
Whenever I make it out to CA I want to get a medical marijuana card to see if it would help with my fibromyalgia (not to mention my anxiety, depression, PTSD, etc...). Do you have to jump through a lot of hoops? For ex: do you have to be a resident of CA? Do you have to see a certain doctor, or can any doc prescribe it? I've been googling it but it'd be nice to hear some feedback from you guys.

Dameon

Reaction score
You do have to be a resident of CA to get a medical card there, but any doctor can prescribe it.

Of course, the doctor you'd want would be one that specializes in prescribing it, because that's the guy who's going to take $50, sit there for a few minutes and listen about how you need weed, and then prescribe it.

M

Monkeywrench

It's easy.
And you don't "need" a CA ID at a lot of places. I got mine years ago in LA for $50. Took 40 mins.
I've renewed since then and it's gotten (slightly) more difficult as I migrated into other counties with different mmj laws.
Prices and allowances regarding personal possession and growing your own also vary by county, doctor and local laws etc.

daydreamer

Reaction score
It's easy.
And you don't "need" a CA ID at a lot of places. I got mine years ago in LA for $50. Took 40 mins.
I've renewed since then and it's gotten (slightly) more difficult as I migrated into other counties with different mmj laws.
Prices and allowances regarding personal possession and growing your own also vary by county, doctor and local laws etc.

How do you find out which place doesn't require the ID? Just call ahead and ask? Or would that raise a flag and make them ask for it when otherwise they wouldn't have? Sorry so stupid, just really don't have a clue about this stuff :)

Is LA the easiest county to get approved?

M

Monkeywrench

I guess I could've been more specific. ::mask::
LA would be your easiest best bet.
I haven't been to Venice Beach in a year so things might have changed..?
They have people hanging out in front of a lot of the doctors store fronts to sign people up and answer questions.
Mention you don't have CA ID and they'll most likely tell you right then and there if they're the sort of place that looks past that sort of shit.

But then you have the issue of getting your medicine from the clubs. Most will require a california ID after your first visit. Some won't.

daydreamer

Reaction score
I guess I could've been more specific. ::mask::
LA would be your easiest best bet.
I haven't been to Venice Beach in a year so things might have changed..?
They have people hanging out in front of a lot of the doctors store fronts to sign people up and answer questions.
Mention you don't have CA ID and they'll most likely tell you right then and there if they're the sort of place that looks past that sort of shit.

But then you have the issue of getting your medicine from the clubs. Most will require a california ID after your first visit. Some won't.

So, if I decide to just get the ID, I've heard I can use the address of a homeless shelter. Is this true?

Thanks for the help!

scummy1990

Reaction score
yea most require obviously some form of cali id either temporary or actual license but I found one that takes the fucking lil paper they give u before they send ur id in mail was pretty shady but it cost me 80 bucks and about an hour in office

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads