Introduction | Squat the Planet

Introduction

sweezyghee

Reaction score
Hiya from Melbourn Australia, i just read all these fantastic forums and remember this is why the internet is paramount .. in reason, pointing me to stop being a lurker . anyhow I am young and feeling older by the day much like all desperate for action, just returned from a trip hitchen and a little of bicycle riding down the northern east coast of Australia and aware there is not a whole lot of information about this country in terms of backyard travelling so happy to discuss . I generally like to ride me hectic red long bike and am happy to converse and eager to learn anything from anybody. Safe travels Happy human Beanss.

Reactions: Crazy Hobo Johnny

Crazy Hobo Johnny

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Welcome Aboard Sweezyghee!!!

My favorite place in Oz is Perth. I have to get to Melbourne some time in the future.

Again, Welcome to StP!!!

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
awesome man, i really want to visit your country, i've just been waiting for the borders to open up (covid). id love to hear any advice you might have for someone wanting to visit. are there a lot of places you haven't been to yet in australia?

sweezyghee

Reaction score
awesome man, i really want to visit your country, i've just been waiting for the borders to open up (covid). id love to hear any advice you might have for someone wanting to visit. are there a lot of places you haven't been to yet in australia?
I hope that you can make it to Australia so time, its truly magical . I have travelled the country for many years, but only feel like ive weaved through a mere fraction of her true size. Most of Australia is uninhabitable !, but thats the appeal right ... locals will love to talk travelling folk and evoke the story . America is very similiar with diverse landspaces from snow to dessert, except australia has the most beautiful beaches in the world, many remote and just your own private luxury except for the deadly water animals that do prevail . Travel is hard with limited transport, scarce water supply, shortage of a fellow traveller and shops only stocking dim sims for $2 a pop . Whatever is up your alley, ride, hitchhike, walk, or drive a beaten 4wd . australia will be hospitable as long as you prepare for her yings and yangs. Wish you luck and i look forward also to exploring australia like you. If you want any specific advice let me know i struggle to put a foot on anything exact here : )

Last edited:
  • Love It
Reactions: Matt Derrick

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads