Introduction from a greenhorn.

Yikes

Reaction score
Introduction : Hello All ! Nice to meet You ! i just gave You a Fist Bump, or a Handshake.. So, soon my having a Key to a building where i am permitted to stay will evaporate, & i haven't lived on the streets since age 21, now i am 57 Yikes. no friend to lean on, or family. My hope is to gain knowledge from others in regards to this method of living, knowledge is power.. Several years ago knowledge gained from more experienced types, gave me some relief. As i walked along a major US ( Ohio,) highway at night, an OHP Trooper inquired of me " How Long You Been Living Here ?" One answer could have been "over 3 years," which would get me in trouble, i was still holding a valid S.Carolina, Drivers License. So, i matter of factly gave the answer that i had rehearsed in my mind over 100 times. Answer- " Not Very Long." He grinned & said it back to me, " Not Very Long! " He performed a radio check on my person, told me i was legal, & sent me on my way. Another perhaps interesting detail about me, It is common knowledge that the least physically able zebra meet the lion, i have become that zebra. In 2014 Feb- i was laid low rather spectacularly by a rare form of malnutrition ( superior mesenteric artery syndrome, ) i haven't been the same since. me Dad, did travel 10 miles to the hospital, & told me what an " embarrasment! " i am. i Thank You for Your reading of my introduction. Very Respectfully, Ricky, (male)

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Hey Ricky, thanks for joining us. I hope you can find what you're looking for here, and if there's any advice or other help we can provide, please let us know.

mellowedout

Reaction score
Hey, welcome to the site.

Just doing some Googling and I'm now curious; what types of treatment are you doing for SMAS?
This seems like it's going to be a huge bother traveling unless well-managed, but I don't have a really good idea of what it's actually like.
How do you go about managing it and what's it like having it?

Yikes

Reaction score
Brother Mellowedout, Hello ! Thank You for asking, as far as treatment it is advised that one should for a time be under supervised medical care, however as for me i was unable to access such care, i did have 5 outstanding doctors during the 9 days that i was in hospital, the doctors did check on me often - i think i was something of a science project, one DR. said, " i have never heard of this ! " Brother, What it's like at first is devastating, i lost more than 20lbs, in 6 wks, unintentionally laboring as a janitor at a "documented" corrupt Ohio county courthouse, i skipped my lunch every day, so as to miss out on the verbal abuse from my two supervisors, who worked 12mins, of every hour. ( * Long Story, ) in just less than 30 days of my county employment there, 04Feb, 2014 i found myself worn from projectile vomit of green liquid, it looked like freshly cut green grass clippings & clear water, i would vom' anything & everything i ate or drank ! including the pills they gave me at the Emergency Room to stop vomiting, i was already lean prior to working at the court house. So, Brother, i staged a brief comeback for some of March-April '14 & even won the county employee Walk for Health contest, @ 1,001,775 steps = 500+mi. during this trying time. i was so pleased, i was invited to speak to the local newspaper about my walk, ( i did not ) i did it for me & it was difficult, i wanted to quit, fall out at 900,000 steps, the last 4mi. of my walk to 1,000,000 steps, i saw a vertical rainbow in the late after noon sky ahead of me, my count was an undercount, every day or night i walked a number was subtracted, rounded down, So, when someone said " You didn't walk 1million steps ! " my reply would be - Your Right, i walked much more. * Karma Alert, the 2 gentlemen supervisors of mine at the courthouse, that made my life a living hell, had a bad go there after my early constructive discharge, i learned from one of them, who bowed his head & lightly briefly cried whilst complaining to me, that a certain number of the 40+ ladies employed therein, had made it difficult for these 2 gentlemen to continue to coast & slack for the remainder of their employment until retirement, both of them didn't make to retirement. Please know that the Lady Judge wanted to supervise me, & said " they did me wrong." i cleaned Her courtroom & chambers, with much attention to detail. later, i learned that the courtroom has security video coverage, so, they were able to see all of the hours of my dedicated cleaning & vacuuming. the Judge gave me $100.00 for Christmas 2013, when i was sent to work at the courthouse as a food stamp employee. The reason i didn't eat elsewhere, when my supervisors harassed me, which they admitted to the County Commissioners, is i did not have that option, i was living via my foodstamps only, & i physically failed before my paychecks arrived. Now, let's briefly speak of the Good Stuff in my life story.. A County Commissioner there named Steve, was Very Good to me. & Haloween of 2014, a wealthy business family in the little town where this all went down, came into my life in a big way, They told me that they Loved me, & They showed me that they Loved me, They gave me a job, after They verified that all of what i said happened to me at the courthouse was true, The first 3 months i " worked," for them i did next to nothing, & still gathered a paycheck, They provided a place for me to stay, free ! & The Family owned a restaurant where i ate many a porterhouse steak for lunch, at a steep discount. Soon i was driving a beautiful Cadillac Chicago edition Limousine for Them, i will never be able to tell You how Overwhelmed & Privileged i was for more than 2 yrs, of them Trusting, Loving, & Carrying me, when i most needed it Thanks, D.D.E.M.B.J.J.& CE & JW.

Yikes

Reaction score
Brother Mellowedout : Hello ! Again, in my previous attempts to answer Your question, How do you manage SMAS ? i launched into a well rehearsed prolonged account of my slow motion train wreck of a life, for some Earthly Beings of Poverty who orbit an artificial void, artificial in that, Humankind oft' times when exposed to violence experiences an increased risk of poverty, and conversely Humans exposed to poverty face greater risk of experiencing violence. myself as an internally displaced person, Brother Mellowedout, i don't manage SMAS, or as of 10 JUNE,'19, gastroparesis - another rare disease, where i lost just over 20 lbs. in 20 days. via projectile vom', i worried the lady who was driving me to hospital in a distant city, She witnessed me projectile vom' just 10' outside the passenger side of her parked car, i vom'd all over the ground between my spread boots, & immediately moved one very wide step uphill & did it again, i entered Her car & She started driving quickly, i assured Her that She could slow down, i wasn't going to expire, but i was going to dehydrate, which would make it more difficult to perform venipuncture at the ER. So Brother, when one is living a reactive life, often diseases manage the afflicted, or self managed disease can be problematic. Early on the loss of an entire breakfast, after just 5 hours, 3 eggs, sausage links, wheat toast, milk, all in the grass, was an insult mentally, - $7.00 & understanding that there is a limited future in such an endeavor. Brother, some might say - How the Hell did You get so messed up Ricky ? ****** Stop here (Caution!) Adult Subject Matter to Follow ! My Mother died this Morning, & i have waited 50 years for Her to apologise, She was raped by Her Grandfather when she was barely a teenager, & Her younger sister was sleeping with my Mother there in the attic that night, She told me about it, i verified it with my Mother during an uncomfortable telephone call 3 yrs. ago. my Maternal Grandmother raped me when i was 8yrs. old. My Mother came in the bathroom doorway during the rape and looked at me in the Bathtub & didn't couldn't stop Grandmother, and walked out. about this same timeframe my Mother molested me, She whispered in my left ear, " Teach me how to please a man ? " My mother suffered with lung cancer the last year, & She took Her apology with Her, never to be spoken. Incest is a terrible wound, for many decades i secretly thought of myself as a loser, & how i did hate myself. Very Respectfully. Peace. Ricky.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads