Introducing myself! :)

Cerely

Reaction score
Hey travelers and people of all over!

I'm an 18 year old girl from Canada (Saskatoon, Saskatchewan) but currently living on the Caribbean in Mexico studying Spanish for a few months. For the past year I've been really fascinated by alternative living and traveling and I'm really interested in going on an adventure once I'm back in Canada and spring/summer begins. I'm a musician and lover of all things creative...Really curious if anyone here is in the Caribbean area and curious about traveling info. Would love to talk to anyone about anything!

eske silver

In Disguise
Reaction score
Welcome, Cerely! Nice to see another young person on here :)
I'm up in CA myself, but I'm sure there's a few people down near you. Unfortunately, there are a ton of users who either log on sporadically, rarely, or close to once a year, so I don't know that you'll actually catch up on here with any one of them, but who knows!
What sort of travel are you interested in? How'd you hear about STP?

wizehop

Chasing the Darkness
Reaction score
Don't wait until you get back up here, there are tons of adventures to be had in Latin America. Besides your learning Spanish so why not run with it for a while. Go down through central and south America, it will change your life. It changed mine.

Reactions: eske silver

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
wow - envious of the caribbean! Welcome aboard!

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
the closest i know of anyone to the Caribbean is my two friends in key west. dunno if you'll ever be by there, but i'll hook you up with them if you want. they're great people.

Cerely

Reaction score
Welcome, Cerely! Nice to see another young person on here :)
I'm up in CA myself, but I'm sure there's a few people down near you. Unfortunately, there are a ton of users who either log on sporadically, rarely, or close to once a year, so I don't know that you'll actually catch up on here with any one of them, but who knows!
What sort of travel are you interested in? How'd you hear about STP?
Yea, I've kind of noticed that. I guess that's to be expected given the "type" of people who use this site, haha. By CA do you mean Canada? Do you have experience with alternative travel? I'd really like to try train hopping sometime...That's my biggest curiosity I guess. :) The site just kind of kept coming up whenever I would talk to travelers or blogs about train hopping etc!

Cerely

Reaction score
Don't wait until you get back up here, there are tons of adventures to be had in Latin America. Besides your learning Spanish so why not run with it for a while. Go down through central and south America, it will change your life. It changed mine.
I would love to. I don't have any extra money though and I don't have any experience with alternative travel so I'd feel way more comfortable if I could find someone to do it with or who could show me the ropes. What kind of travel did you do while going through central and south america?

eske silver

In Disguise
Reaction score
Yea, I've kind of noticed that. I guess that's to be expected given the "type" of people who use this site, haha. By CA do you mean Canada? Do you have experience with alternative travel? I'd really like to try train hopping sometime...That's my biggest curiosity I guess. :) The site just kind of kept coming up whenever I would talk to travelers or blogs about train hopping etc!
No, CA as in California. I haven't been to Canada yet, but I hope to vitisit some summer soon.
What do you mean by 'alternative travel'? As in trains and such? Yeas, a bit, but I haven't caught out for years now. I'm mostly a "car-pooler" now, lol.
There are a few train hoppers on here that might be able to help, but I think the best bet is to post something in Road Dogs & Meet Up, looking for someone who's going your way and wouldn't mind showing you the ropes. I bet you'll find someone :)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads