introducing myself here!

tinyrainbows

Reaction score
heyo! my name is maura! im a 20 year old environmental science undergrad student from long island preparing to travel!

ive always been a wanderer and kind of an outsider. theres something in the air on long island... it breeds hateful people. i dont like hateful people. im a trans women and have spent the last 8 years or so of my life trying to run away. college wasn't good enough for me because i ended up still wanting to run away from there! funny how it works.

i was originally inspired to start looking into hitch hiking as a method of travel after falling in love with andrew callahan of channel 5. if you dont know him, you should check him out on youtube. i read his zine about his experiences hitch hiking and hes talked about it a lot before in interviews and it hasnt left my mind since. i constantly think about running away to travel and meet people and get a first-hand view of what people are actually like in the world (after realizing that the rest of the world is NOT AT ALL like long island upon moving to college less than 2 hours away from home). the last few days especially, i have been obsessively watching videos of freighthoppers, stalking this forum and other related websites, and logistically imagining what i could do and how far i could go. so now im here today basically to take a step forward and learn from more experienced travelers first-hand! (on the internet) and hopefully develop the knowledge and confidence to throw myself in the world and leave myself to the mercy of humanity... or something.

so yeah thats me. hi! ill be around on this forum and maybe ill learn a thing or two. idk. peace and luv

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads