[Insert Title For Introduction Thread Here]

TheDutch

Reaction score
How's it going? My name is Jarrid, i'm 17 and i'm new to the whole concept of train hopping. At the moment i'm a single dad and can't ride the rails (i have a daughter and she is 1) My dream ever since i was a LITTLE kid was to travel by and means possible. My friend opened my mind up to the idea of hopping trains and i love the idea. I hope to do it this summer for a while if i can convince my parents to babysit for me.

I guess the main reason i joined this website was to keep my goal in sight and to see how it's done from the people who know what the fuck is up. I'll be floating around and contributing what i can. Thanks for having me.

Note: Most people call me Dutch

stanktank

Reaction score
Are you actually Dutch? Like heritage-wise? You look like you could be...I am....haha

anyway, welcome. Its pretty cool here.

adamys

Reaction score
Hey dude, much like yourself, I'm also researching trainhopping. Although I've been doing my homework and this is not anything to make light of. There are a lot of real dangers that go along with what a lot of casual thrillseekers would consider a romantic hobby. I picked up a copy of the ccg, I suggest you do the same. It seems to me like one of the most daunting things is just figuring out how to find your destination, the railway system is fucked and the information is not readily available.

Im starting out with what trains leave from my local area and where their destinations are, connections etc. Us yuppie riders need to have a gameplan. :p I'll PM you as I learn more stuff. good luck!

EDIT:

P.S. your hair is like a helmet

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads