Indie/Political Hip-hop

snacktime

Reaction score
P.O.S. from Minneapolis is rad. And Jedi Mind Tricks. And yeah, Public Enemy.

voidrock

Reaction score
Non phixion, army of the pharoes, jedi mind tricks, typical cats, goretex, arsonists, lootpack, dialeted peoples, benefit, sabac red, krs-1, eyedea & abilities, gangstarr, souls of mischief, del the funkie homosapien, hieroglyphics, gza of the wutang and all of wu-tang!, yakballs, cannibal ox, the pharcyde, a tribe called quest, black moon, gang green, epsilon project, the blue sholars, company flow, freestyle fellowship, brothaz bent, arch druids, people under the stairs, awol one...

I'm a pretty big hiphop head. Not all these are political hiphop or what have u, but there all worth the listen. Check em out

RnJ

PilgrimAflame
StP Supporter
Reaction score
Soul-Junk, Future Rapper, Seekret Socyetee, Cage, Sage Francis, Buck 65, Brother Ali, The Streets, Del the Funkee Homosapien, Higherglyphics, Pigeon John, etc.

I can't stand Jedi Mind Tricks -- They remind me of Jay and Silent Bob (annoying).

plagueship

Reaction score
strictly for honkies. there are no good political rappers. sorry.

if you want to listen to good hip hop that is "weird" and sometimes political my favorites from that subgenre are mos def and the roots.

supposedly kreayshawn just signed a million dollar deal... best new artist in a while i think...

Danimal

Reaction score
Website
www.soundcloud.com
Saafir, he's really cool, He did an album called Boxcar Sessions its out of controll.
NMS
Big Juss check out the song "Poor peoples day" he was also in Company flow back in the day
Company Flow
Unkool Scam
Jeru the Damaja (he did a really good album called "Sun rises on the east"
El-P

Thats all I can think of right now

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads