In Seattle now! Any Resources?

Nature Kate

Current Location
Olympia, WA
The pinball museum is cool. I think it's like ten dollars to go play a bunch of pinball.
Or if you head south an hour and a half Olympia is pretty cool for nature spots.

Current Location
Lewiston, ID
Seattle can be a rough place for travelers especially after dark. I'd head up to U district, it's only a few miles north and if you're under 25 there's plenty of services you can use there which are not affiliated with the church. It's much safer than the downtown area overall and it's easy to busk or find other adventurers, you can take the bus up there for a few bucks

OP
jaws

jaws

Wayfarer
Current Location
Tomball, United States
Okay since I have been here for a bit and did some foot work on my own. I thought I throw down a few DD'ing spots. (Dumpster Diving, you can Dungeon and Dragons anywhere about).

So if you are in Seattle, a good place to go is the Green lake area.
You can camp at Green lake itself on the tree covered side. (it's basically a big pond, you can see the other side.)

Dumpster Diving: (All Green Lake/University District area)
H Mart - University avenue - so much food, I have enough to feed myself, others, and animals.
Trader Joes - Roosevelt st - They donate waste food to the food bank next door. If you are reclusive and cautious like me, you will still choose to get what they throw in their dumpster after they reach the legal donation limit. Other wise, you will simply walk next door to the food bank. Which brings the next resource
University District Food Bank - Roosevelt st - Literally read the paragraph above.
Rising Sun Grocery - 15th NE (Roosevelt'ish) - Produce mostly.
The Varsity Theater- University ave - wings, cheese sandwhiches, corn dogs (all in boxes)
FreLard Pizza Company - Leary Way NW (Univ. Dis) - SO MUCH PIZZA!!!
Theo's Chocolate - It's locked now so you gotta know how to pry open a dumpster lid safely enough to put it back like it was!!!!

I hope this helps any of ya'll going through Seattle.

dontpanic

Vagabond
Current Location
On The Path
Up in Everett there is a bum hause on smith st by the amtrak shaq. showers, violence, women of ill repute, right at the hop out. My favorite nation wide by far. Find elaine and have fun

Reactions: Potatos

dontpanic

Vagabond
Current Location
On The Path

Tell me about this....Elaine.... !
Ah well this isn't the forum for travel stories. But what the hell. I arive in Everett wanti ng to begin my hi-line adventure it went like this.
Quick re up for water. See there is a homeless center right at the hop out so I catch a much needed shower. Loaded down with beer, weed, and cash and shining like a brand new diamond I walk out the door to catch my downtown train . Cut thru a fence and I hear the mating call of the pacific Northwest oldwhore "hey baby, got any weed?" Yes ma'am. We chitchat the normal sizing up. She tells me she is a G.I.L.F. I ask her to explain, knowing full well already. Her oldest of 8 just had her first. This buxom free spirit is 39. Seems the spirit runs I the family. Elaine and I celebrated life in a beautiful way and I walked outta there with a smile exactly one hour after our eyes first met. Ships colliding in the night and all that you know. Elaine was crushed, emotionally and by the train I was riding as she chased ot down yelling about her percocet. I, pretending I couldn't hear her pleas and then blood curdling sxreams jist smiled and waved as the train departed to take me on my big adventure. I often wonder what happened to my gentle G.I.L.F. during those long lonely nights huddled up in my sleeping bag. Is she alive? Brutally paralized? And I find I hope the answer is both.

Ok so most of this story is the absolute truth I leave it to the reader to dicipher where fact is abandoned for fantasy. A note on elaine. This woman is a lot of fun and a free spirit she also admittedly preys on the youngest men she can find I'm sure there is a painful psychological explanation for this. Idk. All I can say is god bless her she sure knows how to help a guy kick off an adventure. I wish Herr all the best

OP
jaws

jaws

Wayfarer
Current Location
Tomball, United States

Ah well this isn't the forum for travel stories. But what the hell. I arive in Everett wanti ng to begin my hi-line adventure it went like this.
Quick re up for water. See there is a homeless center right at the hop out so I catch a much needed shower. Loaded down with beer, weed, and cash and shining like a brand new diamond I walk out the door to catch my downtown train . Cut thru a fence and I hear the mating call of the pacific Northwest oldwhore "hey baby, got any weed?" Yes ma'am. We chitchat the normal sizing up. She tells me she is a G.I.L.F. I ask her to explain, knowing full well already. Her oldest of 8 just had her first. This buxom free spirit is 39. Seems the spirit runs I the family. Elaine and I celebrated life in a beautiful way and I walked outta there with a smile exactly one hour after our eyes first met. Ships colliding in the night and all that you know. Elaine was crushed, emotionally and by the train I was riding as she chased ot down yelling about her percocet. I, pretending I couldn't hear her pleas and then blood curdling sxreams jist smiled and waved as the train departed to take me on my big adventure. I often wonder what happened to my gentle G.I.L.F. during those long lonely nights huddled up in my sleeping bag. Is she alive? Brutally paralized? And I find I hope the answer is both.

Ok so most of this story is the absolute truth I leave it to the reader to dicipher where fact is abandoned for fantasy. A note on elaine. This woman is a lot of fun and a free spirit she also admittedly preys on the youngest men she can find I'm sure there is a painful psychological explanation for this. Idk. All I can say is god bless her she sure knows how to help a guy kick off an adventure. I wish Herr all the best
Is your penis okay?

Reactions: NomadFisherman

Coywolf

Mastering the Art of Houselessness
Current Location
Bend, OR
Website
www.youtube.com
I thought I'd revive this thread, as I am in Seattle right now.

I rolled into Tacoma a fee dayz ago, and jumped off cause I didn't know if the train was going to Tacoma or Seattle. Train dropped me off by Union Station (which has a great catch, btw.

Anyway, I bussed it on the 33 line up to Discovery Park and Interbay. This is a GREAT neighborhood, extremely friendly and safe. I'll go over some of the resources and things to do up in that area:

Camping:

-Near Interbay(Balmer) yard (and north along the tracks)
-Up near the Ballard (Chitteden) Locks
-Discovery Park (This location is dope AF, large, has 24 hour open restrooms and water. It was safe and largely unpatrolled from what I saw. This is where I stayed fa dayzzz)

-Hotel Hotel Hostel in Fremont. Not really camping, but rooms for $30 if you can spange it up. Internet, kitchen, musical instruments. Clean rooms. GREAT location in Fremont.

Library:

-Seattle Public Library, Ballard Branch
5614 22nd Ave NW, Seattle, WA 98107

Open charging ports, 30 minute guest stints on computers, great WiFi, clean, not alot of homebum drama.

Showers/Laundary/hygiene:

-Ballard Urban Rest Stop
2014 NW 57th St, Seattle, WA 98107
https://urbanreststop.org/about/information/ballard/

This place is incredible I've never seen anything like it anywhere else. Free showers and laundary, hygiene products, other resources. Showers and Laundary are by appointment. Get there early.

Food:

-Ballard Food Bank
5130 Leary Ave NW, Seattle, WA 98107

Bomb AF food bank. It's more like a grocery store. They will serve you produce and non parishibles if you say you are homeless

-Bomb ass seafood in the Ballard district

Entertainment:

-The Boxcar bar and grill (Fitting, eh?)
3407 Gilman Ave W, Seattle, WA 98199

This place is the shit. Chill staff, I almost got laid here multiple times (chose not to) They have Karaoke Thursdays and Saturdays, cool KJ. I couldn't afford the drinks (3.75 Rainier tall boys) so I just bought Steele 40s at the gas station, drank and wandered around Interbay yard and went to Karaoke, haha.

-Ballard Chitteden Locks

If you like ships, viewable salmon fish ladders, and Locks, this place is for you.

-Discovery Park

Amazing forest for camping and miles of trails for exploring. The place has an old military fort with buildings you could possibly squat. The Western Point lighthouse is awesome. Lots of seals on the beach. Bluffs for watching ships in the Puget Sound...ect...ect.

I'll keep updating this post as I see more of Seattle....

Last edited:
Reactions: Pdog and jaws