In India | Squat the Planet

In India

wizehop

Chasing the Darkness
Reaction score
Stuck in Mumbai for the next month or so, then hopping freights as much as possible around the country. If anyone is around PM me. If you don't hear back from me I'm in jail.

Dmac

Reaction score
the adventure begins! i'll be looking forward to your pictures and movies of this trip. take care and watch out for those monkeys!

nikhil madhusudhanan

Reaction score
Website
www.howdoeshomeopathywork.com
Stuck in Mumbai for the next month or so, then hopping freights as much as possible around the country. If anyone is around PM me. If you don't hear back from me I'm in jail.
Hey man, did you ever end up train hopping in India? I'm a poor dude who might never leave this country, so I'm just looking around to see if there are people that train hop in India so that I can do so in the future too.
I would be glad if you got back to me on this.

Edit: NVM, I saw the Rajasthan train hopping post you'd written. Fuck. You're lucky you're a foreigner, they would've thrashed me to death if they found me in the coal carts. Needless to say, things are not looking good for my future dreams of train hopping.

Last edited:
Reactions: wizehop

nikhil madhusudhanan

Reaction score
Website
www.howdoeshomeopathywork.com
You're lucky you're a foreigner, they would've thrashed me to death if they found me in the coal carts.
Becausa this ^ .
1.Given that Indian Railways is the largest organization in the world in terms of employed people, its very unlikely that I'll go undetected for more than 5km on the ride. Railway Police, Track Workers so on. Oh, and sometimes civilians can tip off the officials too.
2.The only wagons that can be used to hop on over here are the coal carts......none of the other freight cars have handy hiding holes/platforms at either ends, like the ones I've seen in the videos of people hopping trains in the USA. Its almost impossible to get on/off the coal cars when they're moving and its kind of hard to predict where the damn trains stop....there's no trainhopping culture over here as far as I've looked, so the scope of there being any CCGs are nil.
3.All trains have a guard at the end and the trains are pretty short here, only 50-60 cars, so he has a good view of the entire train. Another roadblock here.
These are the ones I can remember off the top of my head. Something inside me still wants to try it out once regardless, though.

wizehop

Chasing the Darkness
Reaction score
Becausa this ^ .
1.Given that Indian Railways is the largest organization in the world in terms of employed people, its very unlikely that I'll go undetected for more than 5km on the ride. Railway Police, Track Workers so on. Oh, and sometimes civilians can tip off the officials too.
2.The only wagons that can be used to hop on over here are the coal carts......none of the other freight cars have handy hiding holes/platforms at either ends, like the ones I've seen in the videos of people hopping trains in the USA. Its almost impossible to get on/off the coal cars when they're moving and its kind of hard to predict where the damn trains stop....there's no trainhopping culture over here as far as I've looked, so the scope of there being any CCGs are nil.
3.All trains have a guard at the end and the trains are pretty short here, only 50-60 cars, so he has a good view of the entire train. Another roadblock here.
These are the ones I can remember off the top of my head. Something inside me still wants to try it out once regardless, though.

LOl I'm aware, I had to deal with all that. It was challenging to say the least. What part of India are you from...actually send me a private message we can shoot the shit there.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads