I'm terrible at titles and introductions.

Reaction score
I am a 19 year old guy from northern illinois. Strongly dissatisfied with my life and myself, I plan to, about two years, leave to become a wanderer by various means. Freighthopping sounds like one hell of an adrenaline rush. Before I leave I have many planned preparations to make myself worthy of such a journey, and give me a better chance at surviving. I also want to become a vagabond to meet people and have experiences that can inspire me in the future when I decide to stop wandering for a bit to write novels.

Really, I feel very little drive to do anything else in life. I feel that, when I look at myself and think about who I am, a future of wandering and adventure is really my destiny. I'm fascinated by literally everything, and seek to experience and see all I can. I have grown restless in my hometown, and dissatisfied with...everything, and quite frankly miserable. The world looks so full of stories and experiences.

I have come here to seek advice and maybe some direction or even some cool people to travel with. Have I come to the right place?

Reactions: Ross and Ristoncor

Thorne

Stuck and stagnant
StP Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.houselessnothomeless.org
Hello,
You have come to an awesome place. There is a combined knowledge base on STP that in my opinion is unmatched.

I used to travel myself in my youth. Now I am in college and using my education to "Give back" to the only family who ever gave a fuck...

Many of the questions and inquires you have about the life of a "Houseless Traveler" you will probably find by going through the threads, as most of them have been answered in some capacity.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads