I'm izzy and I'm new! | Squat the Planet

I'm izzy and I'm new!

izzz

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I'm in Portland, OR and leaving tomorrow for Ashland, OR. Currently touring the west coast. I just discovered this awesome website!! BTW does anyone know of a free-to-cheap place to stay in Ashland?

Reactions: wizehop

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Hey cool - welcome to STP!

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
I haven't been back to Ashland in quite some time, but you could probably camp in lithia Park, you just have to walk as far back as you can to avoid the cops.

todd

Reaction score
welcome to stp good luck!

beersalt

Reaction score
Website
m.soundcloud.com
Welcome!
I believe there is a big hot spring in Ashland I can't remember the name of.. Ran by a buncha hippies, I believe.
But I have a friend that helped open a goddess temple up there. I'm pretty sure if you check it out, you might be able to stay on the land, and take a soak for pretty cheap.

Anywho, have fun dude!

AAAutin

Reaction score
I've never crashed in Ashland; but I have hit up their food bank. Decent selection; complimentary coffee/bagels while you wait; a "free rack" (items you can grab without limit); and, best of all, bagged goodies set aside specifically for travelers! Just somewhere you might want to check out. (Open weekdays, 9:30 AM – 12:30 PM.)

izzz

Reaction score
Welcome!
I believe there is a big hot spring in Ashland I can't remember the name of.. Ran by a buncha hippies, I believe.
But I have a friend that helped open a goddess temple up there. I'm pretty sure if you check it out, you might be able to stay on the land, and take a soak for pretty cheap.

Anywho, have fun dude!

Thanks a lot for the info. I just shot the goddess temple an email

Reactions: beersalt

izzz

Reaction score
I've never crashed in Ashland; but I have hit up their food bank. Decent selection; complimentary coffee/bagels while you wait; a "free rack" (items you can grab without limit); and, best of all, bagged goodies set aside specifically for travelers! Just somewhere you might want to check out. (Open weekdays, 9:30 AM – 12:30 PM.)

This is very useful information. Thanks much! I'll be sure to check it out

Reactions: AAAutin
J

jennyrae

I've camped at Jackson Wellsprings/the goddess temple before; it supposedly costs 25 dollars a night but they do work exchange stuff, I got a discounted rate for helping in the garden. There's also two hostels that cost about the same. Also, there's a community clothing closet/exchange at the recycling center, found some alright stuff there. Sometimes people leave supplies there as well. Love Ashland, it's gorgeous. Have fun!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads