If you could get a random person from anywhere in the world to perform a simple task that also involves getting a digital file, what would it be?

WildVirtue

Reaction score
Website
activistjourneys.wordpress.com
-

I recently created two sub-reddits for exchanging digital items on the longshot hope that they could become as active as any other freecycle group, just rather than swapping physical items locally, we'll be swapping unique digital items internationally.

So, the question arises, if you could get a random person from anywhere in the world to perform a simple task that involves getting a digital file of something, what would it be?

Writing, photography & video of every inch of the world is so ubiquitous it's almost hard to think of anything, but I'd like to challenge people to come up with the best never thought of before serious and funny requests.

So, here are some examples to get the brain juices flowing.

Personal Connections

Say your best friend who you grew up with in the UK moved to the other side of the world, and after 5 years of skype conversations, the one shared holiday and many gift parcels sent to his door later, you get the idea that it would be nice to see one of these parcels being delivered to see the look of happy surprise on your old friends face.

So you come onto a forum like r/Digital Freegle ask if anyone who lives nearby would be willing to film themselves knocking on your best friends door and giving him some flowers with the message; "hey I was sent to give you these flowers from your old friend in the UK." And so you get to experience seeing making your old friend happy as if you were there.

Knowledge Advancement

Obviously highly educated scientists make fantastically clever requests of each other internationally all the time and come up with great break throughs.

But, what if an amazing history professor and author needed an item from a special collections archive of a university, but the library staff didn't fulfill complicated requests and the professor couldn't justify the jet fuel just to fly all the way out there to get one document?

What if instead of hiring a random person who for instance turned out to be an economics student who didn't care at all about the research... What if the person could come online to a forum like this and find a person with a similar interest in the subject to collaborate with and have them learn from the professor? I think that would be pretty wholesome story myself.

And also one reason why I set up r/ The Library Information Exchange
:)

Comedy Sketches

Finally, a more random funny request could just be something like asking a North Korean soldier to secretly film themselves going up to their friend with their military hat on backwards and pretending to them that that's how they've always worn it.

Your Turn

So what would your request be?

-

Colinleath

Reaction score
Website
colinleath.github.io
Perhaps for the right person this is a simple task:

A map of Putin's daily schedule including the building layouts and personnel schedules of all those in his vicinity.

Perhaps in the right hands those digital files could be useful.

Barring that some FOIA request that some police department or corporation or political party has been delaying releasing or otherwise sitting on. If not in the US then elsewhere.

I mean expose the secrets of MBS or something like that.

I guess I'm rooting for hacker groups like anonymous maybe?

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads