Idea for next Southwest leg of Trip...

Coywolf

Mastering the Art of Houselessness
Threads
Current Location
Bend, OR
Website
www.youtube.com
Just wanted to pitch my idea for a "Tour de Southwest" for both my enjoyment, and my YouTube channel:

Planning on heading south from Flagstaff, do some hiking hiking/camping In Sedona. Then head further south and go to Cottonwood, and perhaps the Verde Valley.

From here it is difficult to decide...

Route A: head south to Prescott>Wickenburg>PHX>Globe>
Tucson. And possibly then take a train on the Sunset to West Colton and check out the coast, then figure it out from there...

Route B: Do the Sedona/cottonwood bit, the head back to Flagstaff, catch out east to Belen on the Transcon. Get off there and take RailRunner to Santa Fe. Hang out in SF and get all the footage I had on my stolen camera over again.

From there I would hitch north to Espanola>Chama>Pagosa Springs. From here I could either hitch to Trinidad and catch out to Denver, and ride Moffat over to SLC...OR hitch to Durango>Cortez>Rico Hot Springs>Telluride>Grand Junction, see the Rockies in winter and catch out of GJ to SLC. Then figure it out from there.

One route is cold. I
One route is warm. Both have amazing filming opportunities.

Side note....I've never done the southern route before. The Southern route seems much more difficult due to Large cities and difficult train yards. And the north route seems much more scenic and easier camping, yet VERY cold.

Any suggestions? Decide my fate StP!!!!

OP
OP
Coywolf

Coywolf

Threads
Current Location
Bend, OR
Website
www.youtube.com
@Bey I have some shots of the wasatch in a couple of my videos, however I have never done Soldiers Pass in the Daylight. So yes, I would love to get some more footage of the Wasatch. Love that area.

Threads
Current Location
Bend,Or
Northern route
That southern route thru Belen can still be cold , mainly windy this time of year.
Might as well pack warm and take some fuses outta the engines. Camp fuel for hot water making and your set.
Good luck man ,
Above all else .have fun

Koala

sleeps 22 hours a day, eats chutes and leaves
Threads
Current Location
Melbourne, AUS
North route! Smaller friendlier towns seems like the way to go. Plus the scenery will be epic.

Threads
Current Location
Tucson
If ya come do end up in Tucson I'm around! DM me. I'm a broke ass but there's some cool local stuff. Caves,mts,parks,underground stuff, edge of the military base to YouTube up!

OP
OP
Coywolf

Coywolf

Threads
Current Location
Bend, OR
Website
www.youtube.com
Thanks everyone! I appreciate the feedback! As I thought, ya'll picked the right route for me.

I think I'll do the Sedona thing then hobo that transcon over to New Mexico! I've got so much to look forward to! If anyone wants to watch my YouTube channel, I'll be having a few new videos out in the next couple weeks.

Thanks for the replies ya'll, this community has seriously helped me over the past few weeks!! <3

Threads
Current Location
Fuck Off Land
Dude. If you're hitting up cottonwood, you HAVE to go to Jerome. Little mountain sf mining town vibe. Full of artists, and Maynard's Wine/puscifer gift shop. You can drink open containers outside on the steps in the middle of town. Sherriff is super cool, and I've gotten housed up there before. Probably my favorite place in the US.

Threads
Current Location
Portland, OR
Sedona up through the Navajo res, up through the passes to Boulder is a pretty beautiful hike when the weathers right

Love Sedona, should be out that way around April