Iceland

Sam and Laura

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Wanting to get to Iceland next spring. Anyone know how to get there from the continent? I heard there might be a hitchable ferry from Denmark, wondered if anyone had any experience of that.

Cheers,
Sam

r3353

Reaction score
A few years ago i took that ferry in reverse from Iceland to Denmark. 54 hours with stops in Faroe Islands and Shetland Islands, if memory serves. Not sure the price(comparable to mid-price flight), but besides IcelandAir, IcelandExpress, i heard there is another low-cost airline running. Also there may a SLIM chance of boats leaving Gran Canaria off of Africa, but they usually head to the Caribbean. Also, had met a lone sailor off the west coast of Ireland(Inis Mor) who sailed from the USA and had stopped in Iceland, so it can be done.

Cardboard

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
lots of people sailing in the north atalantic, cant hitch the ferry, the trick is to just buy tickets fromn DK to the faroe islands and then stow away the rest of the ride.
Iceland air used to do extended layovers for no extra charge, could also plan a stop there on your way back to the us (cph-jfk for around 300, extend your layover and make 2 flights for the price of one...)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads