I need help. (rat related)

Beer Mortal

Reaction score
So my rat is larger than most, approximately sewer rat sized, if not larger
and he loves to chew thru bags and cant sit still.
i find it hard to take him places and cant find something to keep him contained when i go out with him ,
so if i were to travel, how could I keep him safe during my travels?
I dont want to lose him and I want him to stay safe in a bag when I dont have him out supervised
Any suggestions?
Stories about your own rat related problems on the road?
Let me know,
Im good at making bags so If anyone could give me ideas on materials to use that he cant chew through easily then let me know.
:)
:scared:

Dmac

Reaction score
try getting a small wire birdcage.

Beer Mortal

Reaction score
A bird cage seems a bit to much,
I dont like caging him often .
I just need something durable

Angela

Wandering But Not Lost Yet
Reaction score
I wanna see a picture of this gigantic rat, when you say it's bigger than a sewer rat. Yeah I'm thinking a bird cage sounds pretty cumbersome to travel with. Maybe one of those clear plastic containers with the screw on lids that you could punch holes in. You can find em at most discount stores or in the tupperware section of grocery stores.

Angela

Reaction score
i think putting a live animal in tupperware is cruel! but that's just my two cents.

Only if you think of it as tupperware! They sell fancy plastic tubing shit at pet stores for them to play in and people don't seem to think those are cruel. I should of mentioned though, you gotta put some bedding in the thing, like the kinda stuff they stuff pillows with works great(rats and mice love that stuff). Makes a nice cozy home for them.

katiehabits

Reaction score
Website
kthabits.tumblr.com
Only if you think of it as tupperware! They sell fancy plastic tubing shit at pet stores for them to play in and people don't seem to think those are cruel. I should of mentioned though, you gotta put some bedding in the thing, like the kinda stuff they stuff pillows with works great(rats and mice love that stuff). Makes a nice cozy home for them.

it's still a plastic cup with a plastic lid on it even if you put bedding in it.
and rats can/will chew through plastic.

Beer Mortal

Reaction score
Hes about the size of a sewer rat, Im sure hes bigger than a few of them
buts heres a photo of him

100_0855-1.jpg

Hes a bit bigger now though.
I dont really know what to safely keep him in while i travel
and havent found a durable bookbag for him to travel in comfortably with me either

RebeccaSoup

Reaction score
they have those purses for bourgeois bitches and thier toy poodles and shit.. they have mesh sides so you can see your pet and he gets lots of air and junk. the smaller ones seem like they would damn easy to shoplift.

just an idea.

Angela

Reaction score
Holy shit! Have you considered just getting a leash for that critter, he's as big as a small dog. But anyway here's a picture of what I was talking about earlier. Just imagine it with stuffing in it, air holes and no rice in it. You might need a considerably bigger one though for that fella.

Ravie

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
yeah i would look into like a teacup chuhuaha harness. anything but a bag or anything he can chew through. the carrying cage sounds good but a rat can definately chew through that.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads